Best Sim for LIRR & NYCT?

Maddog

So I have just learned about train simulation games and this has piqued my interest. What would be the most realistic (in terms of performance, sound packs, scenery, etc.) for the LIRR & NYCT Subways? I am most interested in the M3 & M7, but would definitely be willing to branch out as I learn the game. Also, what are the best resources for free downloads such as new models, scenery, routes, etc.? Any help would be appreciated since I know relatively little about this topic. Thanks!

People should crate all NYCTA routes and Trains for Train Simulator. There is LIRR routes and trains on Train Simulator but I don't know about MNRR. They should also crate Staten Island Railway for Train Simulator,Trainz and BVE. TrainZ has NYCTA routes and train already also.

People should crate all NYCTA routes and Trains for Train Simulator. There is LIRR routes and trains on Train Simulator but I don't know about MNRR. They should also crate Staten Island Railway for Train Simulator,Trainz and BVE. TrainZ has NYCTA routes and train already also.

That will be vulnerable to terrorists, wouldn't you think?

• 3 months later...

MNRRM7.jpg

LIRRandMNRRM7s.jpg

Does that answer some questions?

The HVAC for the M7s is pretty loud unfortunately, but you can edit the sound files to make it sound better, propulsion wise

hey do you know where i can get LIRR of trainz the train cars M1 and M7. i (NYCT)have the route already.

MNRRM7.jpg

LIRRandMNRRM7s.jpg

Does that answer some questions?

The HVAC for the M7s is pretty loud unfortunately, but you can edit the sound files to make it sound better, propulsion wise

do you no where i can get M7 and M1 in LIrr scheme(NYCT)

Best sim for NYC subway I'd say BVE.

As for the LIRR I'd say MSTS, theres an LIRR route out for MSTS which goes from jamaica to hiksville. Heres a video of the route (Not mine)...

A video with the diesel trains...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3pt57oOf44

Theres an NYC subway route out for MSTS but IMO its not that realstic (But still seems cool)

Best sim for NYC subway I'd say BVE.

As for the LIRR I'd say MSTS, theres an LIRR route out for MSTS which goes from jamaica to hiksville. Heres a video of the route (Not mine)...

<video removed>

A video with the diesel trains...

<video removed>

Theres an NYC subway route out for MSTS but IMO its not that realstic (But still seems cool)

<video removed>

<video removed>

The LIRR route, and MSTS M1/M3/DE/C3, is illegally pirated. The MSTS F1 IND is quite realistic for these routes:

(A)(C) 207/168-Jay (however W4-Canal is 2-tracked)

(:)(D) 205/Bedford-Manhattan Br.

(4)(5) 86-Bowling Green

(6) 103-City Hall (no loop)

The R142A that is available on T-S.com looks odd on the IND. It also brakes and accelerates too fast.

• 1 month later...

Hello all

I have a question i am not a computer expert and i need some advice out there in pc land i am a train buff and i am going to be a new PC dell computer( any good ) i am going to get a pc that has 3gb that has microsoft xp.I came across the train-sim.com that has about a 1000 things that you can down load for trains and i came across a number of them for the MBTA both green line and blue line and the red line.I was wondering are all of these downloads are they just to download if you want to add to a current Train simulator if people have one which i do not have or is it a free download that you can play because i have been a fan of the MBTA since i was 6 and to feel like to drive a train it would feel awsome .I was wondering can anyone also recommend any other good downloads for the subways like either NY or the SEPTA or NJ Path.If i do download a number of train things can i just use the mouse that i have or will i need to buy a joy stick.How much memory does one of these downloads take just wondering and with every thing else beside the train stuff is 3 GB good or should i go higher like 4 or 7.Take care and GOD BLESS AMERICA

most of the content on train-sim are add-on content for simulators like Microsoft Train Simulator and Auran Trainz. Currently, for NYCT, I would recommend OpenBVE. For Metro-North/LIRR I would recommend Trainz Simulator 2009. There is also World of Subways: Vol. 1 which is a PATH train simulator.

- If you're looking for the "True Feel and Physics" of a subway simulator, then go with BVE2 or openBVE (which has some compatibility issues with the NYCT content - BVEStation.com ).

- If you're looking for a simulator with great eye candy and somewhat good physics, go with Trainz 2009 or Trainz Classics. Magicland and a few other creators have released FABULOUS products such as the R142, and other fleets for free. Trainz has a Download Database at - http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php - Auran.com ). There is a good chunk load of NYC Commuter Rail projects, and NYC Subway content that is out there somewhere.

- If you're looking for a quick play product, but is lacking in realistic physics as the (open) BVE series, but still enough to surpass Trainz, then go with MSTS. There's a good load of subway content and the Northeast Corridor V4 is a GREAT drive, but it is certainly lacking in graphics.

openBVE and BVE is completely free. Trainz 2009 (Newest Version) cost about 25-40 bucks. MSTS costs a mere 10 bucks. In my opinion, I think Trainz beats MSTS in about everything!

Archived