Shea Stadium and Citi Field

R68 Subway Car

Nice pics R68.:) Thanks for sharing.

Off topic? Why did the Mets and especially the Wilpons got upset when asked by reporters about the future of the citfield name? In case the Wilpons forget, their 'partners' Citibank aka Citigroup declared bankruptcy.

Especially NY taxpayer paid for at least 50%-plus of buliding it. I still say it's a 50-50 chance that by opening day 2009, the Mets new ballpark could have a new name.

Guest Charles

Brilliant shots! If my horrible meteorological skills serve me correctly, brilliant sunrise shots!

CitiField looks wonderful but it will be sad to see Shea Stadium gone. A staple in the Corona skyline for over 40 years.

I still have my very first Shea ticket stubs.

Brilliant shots! If my horrible meteorological skills serve me correctly, brilliant sunrise shots!

CitiField looks wonderful but it will be sad to see Shea Stadium gone. A staple in the Corona skyline for over 40 years.

I still have my very first Shea ticket stubs.

Sunset

The part of Shea that faces Flushing is open.

As a big Mets fan, I really hate to see Shea Stadium go. There was nothing wrong about that ballpark (just like there is nothing wrong with the R30,32,33,36,38,40, and 42 subway cars.) Citi Field is just like the R160's: a big waste of money. I guess I don't like change; but I do not care. I treasure oldies. "Thankyouverymuch."

As a big Mets fan, I really hate to see Shea Stadium go. There was nothing wrong about that ballpark (just like there is nothing wrong with the R30,32,33,36,38,40, and 42 subway cars.) Citi Field is just like the R160's: a big waste of money. I guess I don't like change; but I do not care. I treasure oldies. "Thankyouverymuch."

I really have to agree that BOTH Yankee and Shea should not be replaced. They are great ballparks. Why should we replace them? They have been icons and legends for several decades, and now, we demolish them, simply in the name of aesthetics.

All that money could be spent on more worthwhile investments, such as the long-awaited Second Avenue Subway, money for the World Trade Centre site, security programmes etc... how do two new stadiums ease the headache on the Lexington Avenue subway, provide millions of square feet of office space and boost our defences against terrorism?????????????????????

Archived