Locomotive Engineer

DOB2RTO

I'm going to send in my resume just to see. I don't like the idea of unpaid training for 12 weeks. How the hell am I supposed to live during them 12 weeks. I'd be great if they can work around my current work schedule but I doubt it.

Not to be cruel, but I hope alot of people think like you, and would be discouraged by the unpaid 4 weeks of training. Makes it easier for me, and gives me a better shot of getting in. I WOULD love to make that career move, and would sacrifice some things to make it happen. I can since I am not married and have no children or child support as of yet. This would be the best time to do it.

• 1 month later...
What about me? ::D: Am I not worth the "good luck"? :(

oh but of course! maybe our trains will be passing each other some day!!

Screw the M7s! I wanna be at the head of an ALP-46. Or hell, give me an M1 or M3. Even an M-2. And lets make it even more fun, how bout an Acela!

But I wouldn't mind being at the head of an M7....

those would be sweet? If LIRR had them. lol

oh but of course! maybe our trains will be passing each other some day!!

It's a long shot maybe, as it is heck to get into LIRR. Right now the only shot I have to get on rails, is the NYC Subway. Only if it weren't taking them so darn long. This waiting bites!

• 3 weeks later...
I would want to work for Amtrak if they didn't pay so poorly.

Not to get off O/T here, but I applied for AmTrak Assistant C/R last September. When I traveled to the Hotel, where the group interview was being held over In Newark, NJ, last November---, I noticed

--->>My pencil had more educational skills, background, and knowledge, more then the people there did<---.

2 weeks later, received my application status from them; They didn't hire me; some pitiful remark they stated to me as to why I wasn't hired. However, I was actually relieved, After viewing the applicants there, I was sick; Ripped up my returned application letter, and smiled :(

Archived