Symbol

Luis1985

All of the diamond symbols were eliminated a few years ago. At least one reason cited was the inconsistent use since many rollsigns were unable to display diamond <> route bullets which were otherwise listed on maps and station signs. What I find ironic is that the R-142s up can display <> around any letter or number and there were both <4> & <5> diamond symbols in use on the new R-142/As for a short time. Unless NYCT has change of heart, the diamond symbol will only be used on the <6> & <7> peak-expresses.

I don't remember a phenomenon with the diamond W, but I did occasionally see both (W) & <Q> bullets on both hippos and slants, which were both bizarre sites at the time. The upside-down (W), I used to think was an additional unused "(M)" designation.

Are you talking about the 75px-NYCS-bull-trans-Ax_svg.png smilie?... if you were it was eliminated to make room for another smilie that was more useful.

True because I don't remember seeing any threads partically talking about a <A> service that never was except on maps. And yes it's true a few R42's and R40M's carry the logo. It was believe in the late 70's the <A> would run peak-directional service down the Fulton El. IT never came about and in 1988 when it was time for GOH, the <A> was eliminated and deemed not useful. Very Very Very few rollsigns still have the <A> logo.

True because I don't remember seeing any threads partically talking about a <A> service that never was except on maps. And yes it's true a few R42's and R40M's carry the logo. It was believe in the late 70's the <A> would run peak-directional service down the Fulton El. IT never came about and in 1988 when it was time for GOH, the <A> was eliminated and deemed not useful. Very Very Very few rollsigns still have the <A> logo.

I think he was talking about the actual smilie on the board.

Archived