R46 On The W!!

Sea Beach

Guest Charles

I noticed today, on the (F) trains, the only things on the R46 rollsigns were:

to EUCLID AV

The space where normally the F would be shown was left blank. My question is: Is there not a code on the R46s that would allow the (F) to go to Euclid?

My guess, if there was one, would be

(F) EUCLID AV

(F) 6 AV/63 ST LCL

(F) FULTON LCL (instead of Culver Local)

And a quick question........today I took the (A)...I saw a third track between the (B) and (C) local track and the (A) and (D) express track. This third track was between 72 Street and 81 Street. What is this? A layup track?

I noticed today, on the (F) trains, the only things on the R46 rollsigns were:

to EUCLID AV

The space where normally the F would be shown was left blank. My question is: Is there not a code on the R46s that would allow the (F) to go to Euclid?

My guess, if there was one, would be

(F) EUCLID AV

(F) 6 AV/63 ST LCL

(F) FULTON LCL (instead of Culver Local)

And a quick question........today I took the (A)...I saw a third track between the (B) and (C) local track and the (A) and (D) express track. This third track was between 72 Street and 81 Street. What is this? A layup track?

it's for when it switches from local track to express or from Express to local track

it's for when it switches from local track to express or from Express to local track

Or it might have had to do something with the second system but I'm not sure. There could just simply be a diamond crossover between the express tracks and the local tracks.

lol thats my video! well no harms done,but damn it the reason i turned away with my camera is because i though the T/O was gonna get all mad on me.

Most T/Os don't really mind about videotaping and photographing train cars. Who knows you might be lucky because the T/O may assist you with that.

I don't know how a different destination sign code that was put in means that the R46s are "breaking apart".

Thats what I was wondering...

Sometimes those C/R's are setting the destination signs, and while they're flipping it, you'll see those different ones. The R46's have most of the lines on their things anyway :)

Archived