Yonkers Depot to Close

CPBO

Anybody else hear this?? I hear we will be getting some of the drivers at our depot....I see a sign up for anybody wanting to be a line trainer......I also wonder if they will transfer the bus routes to Eastchester.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! We have an overage of drivers (25 man extra/shape/list report board) and that is why you're gettin' about 14 of them (that is what we're loosin'). We are currently picking due to the loss of those drivers. At this time there is now plans to close Yonkers (in the immedate future). My understanding is they will move work as soon as there is a contract (BxM11 to ECH and QBx1 loops to ECH). That will be the begining. In the future yes, but for now that is not true.

Question? Are you the CP guy that wears the old style Ralph Kramden hat, if so we've met(NYCT)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! We have an overage of drivers (25 man extra/shape/list report board) and that is why you're gettin' about 14 of them (that is what we're loosin'). We are currently picking due to the loss of those drivers. At this time there is now plans to close Yonkers (in the immedate future). My understanding is they will move work as soon as there is a contract (BxM11 to ECH and QBx1 loops to ECH). That will be the begining. In the future yes, but for now that is not true.

Question? Are you the CP guy that wears the old style Ralph Kramden hat, if so we've met(NYCT)

Ok then......glad you could help clear this up....and no I am not that guy.....but he is good people!! I had 6066 yesterday....ok bus

10-4, anytime. Just checkin' I met him at the the first MTABus roadeo and he saw my hat and asked me how to get one and to get the badge. I told him and the next time I saw him he had it. I think it's cool to see more "Hats" on the road.

from what i have understood yonkers depot has overage of drivers & shortage on equiptment (buses). cp is getting 10 drivers from their newest class & lga depot is getting 4. the situation(shortage) is so bad at yonkers depot that buses from their bee-line divison are being used for mta bus express lines.

10-4, anytime. Just checkin' I met him at the the first MTABus roadeo and he saw my hat and asked me how to get one and to get the badge. I told him and the next time I saw him he had it. I think it's cool to see more "Hats" on the road.

I remember seeing someone from WF wear "the hat". He has the steering wheel in the "table" position.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! We have an overage of drivers (25 man extra/shape/list report board) and that is why you're gettin' about 14 of them (that is what we're loosin'). We are currently picking due to the loss of those drivers. At this time there is NO plans to close Yonkers (in the immedate future). My understanding is they will move work as soon as there is a contract (BxM11 to ECH and QBx1 loops to ECH). That will be the begining. In the future yes, but for now that is not true.

(NYCT)

from what i have understood yonkers depot has overage of drivers & shortage on equiptment (buses). cp is getting 10 drivers from their newest class & lga depot is getting 4. the situation(shortage) is so bad at yonkers depot that buses from their bee-line divison are being used for mta bus express lines.

Please see the above post for your answer. We do NOT use bee-line equipment as they are a separate agency. We are not short buses, we make service and the extra buses are used for stand-by. The "so called" shortage of equip. was due to having 10-12 standbys. So to cover all of those stan-bys we needed 12 extra buses. But since we have lost 14 B/O's that reduces the number of buses needed for stand-by an also we lost 4 runs + loosing 5 buses. We do NOT have a shortage and we are NOT having bee-line cover work. The BxM4C is a bee-line route, NOT (MTA)Bus. I hope this clears things up:)(NYCT)

Guest Charles

I like the Yonkers Depot. The buses don't seem to be in THAT bad condition...or at least not the MCIs I've been on...

I used to take the BxM1/2/18 while I lived in Riverdale. My mom thought the MCIs were well-maintained too.

We don't have a problem w/ maintenence or equipment, just access to the depot. Also the property the depot is on, now is prime real estate for re-devlopment of the Yonkers waterfront and that is what questiong the future of Yonkers Depot. Other than that we are a good depot, IMO ECH is better in all aspects, including work & ridership(NYCT)

We don't have a problem w/ maintenence or equipment, just access to the depot. Also the property the depot is on, now is prime real estate for re-devlopment of the Yonkers waterfront and that is what questiong the future of Yonkers Depot. Other than that we are a good depot, IMO ECH is better in all aspects, including work & ridership(NYCT)

That and I live less than 10 min. from the depot:cool:(NYCT)

A buddy of mine who I helped get into MTA, (application, what he needed to know), was the 15th one on the list to get transferred. Actually they were suppose to be laid off, but the union fought to get them work in other depots (or so he told me). He told me of the 14, and said he was lucky they didn't get the 15th, so he is still there........

A buddy of mine who I helped get into MTA, (application, what he needed to know), was the 15th one on the list to get transferred. Actually they were suppose to be laid off, but the union fought to get them work in other depots (or so he told me). He told me of the 14, and said he was lucky they didn't get the 15th, so he is still there........

going to the bottom of the list at CP will not be fun.....like close to 600 operators here.....I wish them the best of luck!!!

I was just informed that 2 more O-5 diesels have arrived to the CP. depot the # s are 197 & 6010. The 2nd bus is ready to roll.

They are just shifting buses around. I seen 6013 (IIRC, I know it was a 6000) at West farms, with the depot logo, doing some route that runs around Westchester Ave/Tremont Ave....

Archived