Weird day at 207th Yd. [MTA Conduct Related]

mark1447

So today I was heading to 207 to spot some R38s to see if there is any in service[Which there is 4120 i saw at 135th strete, review my latest comment on the RIP R38 topic]. ANyways..

I saw an R1/9 in the southern part of the Yd, thats next to 207th on Van Cortland(1). And I saw a R32 Graffitied bad, sounds like its from Jamaica as it has the (F)(E) roll signes set[Got pics will show later] and then I see a 38 ready for scrapping

So then I take a shot, here comes some security guard , a lady who looks like shes russian, an old lady.

She says: Na dont take a pic, its not allowed!

I say: Yes it is, I back up and take out the (MTA) Rules of Conduct 0=)

She says: What is it you showing me?

Me: Look at this page, where it says Photograpy is allowed:

1050.9 = C:

Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

She looks in the front page, and I point her Back to the Photo page, she reads, shaking her head like "NO".

At the end she says:

Nope you still cant take pictures, someone told me

Me: Yes I can and Idc cuz I will still take pictures on the train no matter wat

Lady: You need eh a permit to take pictures

Me in my head: WTF? A permit, for Pictures??! LOL

Then she points to an Oil Pipe with a sign, she says: Call that number and ask them if you can take pics! .... mmmm no wait, yes call them!

Me: I'm uhhhhhhhh?! I dont need to call anyone cuz I can take pics, but I dont care. I will still take pics no matter wat!

So I leave, and for fun I take my pics under the EL hehe

First off: How the hell do you need a Permit to take a Pic?!!! And how can you tell me call this oil company for questions on taking pics! Geez does the MTA need to higher the worst people. She sounds like shes worth 5 cents..

And she isnt suppose to ignore the rules at all... Even if

Anyways Idc anymore, I still take pics, I'm very happy that the T/Os C/Rs B/os or wat ever here know the rules! And for those of you who are out there taking Pics, WITH OUT THE CONDUCT, you rly need to fix yourself and PRINT the FULL Conduct. Because one day you will end up like that poor S/A from the Freeman street statiom god forbid! PRINT IT OUT NOW:

http://www.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm

Not just the part for pics, but the entire Webpage!

I have a shoutout for those people: Mind your own business, if nothing is involving you.

phew thought u meant me lol.

And yes you got it right. TA workers[Most] and NYPD somethings thing we are some damn terrorist.

I wonder what would of happen if I too a pic of a friend and was stating next to the yd , then what!!??

phew thought u meant me lol.

And yes you got it right. TA workers[Most] and NYPD somethings thing we are some damn terrorist.

I wonder what would of happen if I too a pic of a friend and was stating next to the yd , then what!!??

Mark, just don't go through what I've been through, rememer what happened to me in Flushing?

I don't know man. Something smells fishy. So far it's almost always been you that manages to get attention when railfanning. I've gone railfanning with SubaruWRX and he has those huge Nikon cameras and we've never been stopped or question. It makes me wonder what your actions are conveying that brings the attention of MTA personnel that you aren't mentioning.

Should've reminded her that democracy runs our nation, not totalitarianism and that she should be deployed to North Korea.

Whoa, totally unnecessary, and if that was sarcasm it was tasteless.

And now we find out, even the rules won't protect you from some people... some ignorant people...

I worked 207 YD for 6 months and yes I know that women she lays down the law with all (MTA) workers that go in and out of the Yard. She didn't let me park because I don't have a sticker for 207YD but I have a NYCT permit to park in the Yard. However she is a nice person because I got to know her over time but still can't park in the Yd. She don't forget a face so if you swing by I sure she will remember you.

every photographer went threw this. BUT I WILL never forget in august, this police officer came,and i thought he was gonna yell at me,and he asks me "are you taking pics?" im like yes. and he was like "oh ok,we have to ask people that because after 9/11,we became strict." and i was like "oh ok i understand". and he walks away!!! HE didnt even say its illegal! he didnt care if i took pictures! that was the very first time i got alerted by a police and the first time he new th rules! now in december,another police officer told me to delete the photos.damn.but im glad you stood up to you her!

I don't know man. Something smells fishy. So far it's almost always been you that manages to get attention when railfanning. I've gone railfanning with SubaruWRX and he has those huge Nikon cameras and we've never been stopped or question. It makes me wonder what your actions are conveying that brings the attention of MTA personnel that you aren't mentioning.

No, it is not me 100%. I'm not some crazy person just getting in areas for fun. I know the rules and stick by em.

I guess some people just dont know the rules.. I did follow what you said about not mentioning about C/R or working with T/A in future..

I go to various places and I guess i meet up with new workers. Some Ive showed them the rules and I won regarding the conduct, and a small amount just denies to view them or thinks the rules are a fake. [Even tho the rules is real, got 2 copies just incase one at home and one with me]

I guess what sometimes bring attention to the workers, is when they see me stay a little to long at a subway/El station, which I will be honest I do. Just to grab a few fleets and/or improve on my shots and create videos, plus I stay at ether end of the station [Depends on where the best view is] to get shots, but I dont see anything against the rules on being at the same station for long.. Might just take my shots after like 5-10min of waiting and leave.. I dunno. Sounds like people are just doing it to prevent terrorism, I understand and respect, but just dont go over the line...

@Pelham Bay Dave you still work at 207 or on the Jamima (V) still? The lady was a little nice, but she kept denying my words and proof of the T/A's Conduct..

I don't work the Yards anymore I'm on the mainline. I'm on the (V) mostly and loving it! I hate to tell you but that paper don't mean anything to us. Some supervisors instruct us to notify Control if you are taking pictures and let the NYPD do an investigation.

why would the supervisors want that? So then the supervisors dont know the rules too?!

At least you know it is allowed.. i guess..

And you only work on the (V) not the (F)?

It not only on subways.

When some of us, including NYCTF/SubwayChat, Strappies were waiting for Vintage Bus at front of MJQ (except me) taking pictures of buses and including Vintage Bus, here was one.

Security Guard: Why are you taking picture?

Vintage Hunter: It is legal.

Security Guard: You can't take pic here in front of depot.

Vintage Hunter: Yes, I can. It's under rule.

Just then Vinny the B/O pulls out Vintage Bus out of garage.

Security Guard: You can't take pic here.

Vintage Hunter: That bus (He points to bus)

Security Guard: You have to take it in corner.

While I was on M4, Bus Operator stop me when I was taking video of bus passing Atlantic Express/Plaza Hotel. She told me I not allowed to take pic.

Even the Dispatcher told me I not allowed to take pic inside bus.

It not only on subways.

When some of us, including NYCTF/SubwayChat, Strappies were waiting for Vintage Bus at front of MJQ (except me) taking pictures of buses and including Vintage Bus, here was one.

Security Guard: Why are you taking picture?

Vintage Hunter: It is legal.

Security Guard: You can't take pic here in front of depot.

Vintage Hunter: Yes, I can. It's under rule.

Just then Vinny the B/O pulls out Vintage Bus out of garage.

Security Guard: You can't take pic here.

Vintage Hunter: That bus (He points to bus)

Security Guard: You have to take it in corner.

While I was on M4, Bus Operator stop me when I was taking video of bus passing Atlantic Express/Plaza Hotel. She told me I not allowed to take pic.

Even the Dispatcher told me I not allowed to take pic inside bus.

I wonder why doesnt the (MTA) Send out an advance copy of the rules to their workers.. NYPD i belivie gets the rules for there side....

Whos Vintage Hunter?

This needs to stop. (MTA) and all agencies should have rules at every station office and inside every bus.

I am so tired of the lack of consistency in knowledge & enforcement of these rules. I am not going to break the law or violate rules of any agency, all workers and contractors etc should know the rules from day 1.

Why do i know more than the person bothering me who works for the agency?!

- A

This needs to stop. (MTA) and all agencies should have rules at every station office and inside every bus.

I am so tired of the lack of consistency in knowledge & enforcement of these rules. I am not going to break the law or violate rules of any agency, all workers and contractors etc should know the rules from day 1.

Why do i know more than the person bothering me who works for the agency?!

- A

Actually bro, the Rules are up in the stations everywhere[Not sure about the offices], its just that the (MTA) is being slick and hiding the FULL rules, with just the basics. It would be nice to offer a URL to the OFFICIAL rules, not a small basic list of rules. I would be so happy if I'd see a rule in the station allowing photography!

Does NJT have problems with rfers like MTA?

why would the supervisors want that? So then the supervisors dont know the rules too?!

At least you know it is allowed.. i guess..

And you only work on the (V) not the (F)?

I don't work the (F) anymore I hate that line! I really hate this subjuct because everytime I post the real policy everyone want to fight me. Yes its legal to take pictures in NYCT but if your taken pictures of certain things your suppose to be reported to the police. I personally never confronted anyone who violated the rules just got on the radio and made a report. None of it involied picture taken only reported a person with a video camra because my partner wanted to push it and the funny part is after the investigation it turned out to be Fox News.

Talking about the (F) I remember a few years ago they were treating to write up train crews if they were cought not reporting persons taken video or pictures on the platfrom or trains. It was funny and didn't last long. They changed it to use your judgement.

Archived