Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
JKid84

How many people get called at once?

I was wondering if anyone knew how many people get called from the respective test list at once? Do they call 100 people? 50? or is it all done at random?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It depends on what they need.

This year, Train operators have been hired in groups of 8 or 16. Annoyingly though, they are being hired every two weeks. Would much rather see one large group of 50 every two months.

This year, Train operators have been hired in groups of 8 or 16. Annoyingly though, they are being hired every two weeks. Would much rather see one large group of 50 every two months.

Would you Know What list # they're up to

Go to DCAS website..can call the hotline # (212-669-1357). The automated system will tell u the last # that was called

Edited by JKid84

I plan to take the test in June. If I score in the 90s, when can I possibly expect to be called to be a T/O? 1 year?

I plan to take the test in June. If I score in the 90s, when can I possibly expect to be called to be a T/O? 1 year?

lololol funny. I would say 3-4 years if not more.

There are no age restrictions. You would just have to pass the medical, eye and hearing exams.

After the initial call from the list, how long is the wait for a physical and drug-screening?

That IS the initial call.

You mean the physical and screening is already scheduled without any advanced notice? Immediately after the call ...the following day?

lololol funny. I would say 3-4 years if not more.

I am not trying to be negative,but some people in here have very high expectations even before taking the T/0 exam. It might take up to 1 yr just to get your score/list number.

Why are they offering the t/o test on June 5? Don't they have enough people who passed the test last time? Do they give this test every year?

I won't get pension until I'm 65.

Actually, you're eligible for a partial pension if you have at least 10 years pensionable service at age 62.

Why are they offering the t/o test on June 5? Don't they have enough people who passed the test last time? Do they give this test every year?

The last test was 2003. It has been nearly 5 years. So it's about the time they give out another test. IIRC, they said around 16,000 took the last test. Under 7,000 passed. They can easily go through 500-600 people to get a large class of 50-60, and that is just for Bus operator. T/O is more restrictive, so I can see them going through the same or more to get a large class of train operators.......

I am not trying to be negative,but some people in here have very high expectations even before taking the T/0 exam. It might take up to 1 yr just to get your score/list number.

From what I've seen, it does take a year for the results on MTA exams.

They don't give it every year. so far its been every 5 years.

Always take the test if ur eligible to take it. The ONLY reason why im not taking the T/O exam is because I dont have 5yrs FT work experience..otherwise my 60$ would have been in already !

The last test was 2003. It has been nearly 5 years. So it's about the time they give out another test. IIRC, they said around 16,000 took the last test. Under 7,000 passed. They can easily go through 500-600 people to get a large class of 50-60, and that is just for Bus operator. T/O is more restrictive, so I can see them going through the same or more to get a large class of train operators.......

So just like the B/O exam more people failed than passed for the last T/O exam. They go through that many people to get just 1 class for B/O? Looks like a lot of people get weeded out during the process.