Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

How many people get called at once?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It depends on what they need.

This year, Train operators have been hired in groups of 8 or 16. Annoyingly though, they are being hired every two weeks. Would much rather see one large group of 50 every two months.

Would you Know What list # they're up to

Why are they offering the t/o test on June 5? Don't they have enough people who passed the test last time? Do they give this test every year?

The last test was 2003. It has been nearly 5 years. So it's about the time they give out another test. IIRC, they said around 16,000 took the last test. Under 7,000 passed. They can easily go through 500-600 people to get a large class of 50-60, and that is just for Bus operator. T/O is more restrictive, so I can see them going through the same or more to get a large class of train operators.......

I am not trying to be negative,but some people in here have very high expectations even before taking the T/0 exam. It might take up to 1 yr just to get your score/list number.

From what I've seen, it does take a year for the results on MTA exams.

Why are they offering the t/o test on June 5? Don't they have enough people who passed the test last time? Do they give this test every year?

They don't give it every year. so far its been every 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...
The last test was 2003. It has been nearly 5 years. So it's about the time they give out another test. IIRC, they said around 16,000 took the last test. Under 7,000 passed. They can easily go through 500-600 people to get a large class of 50-60, and that is just for Bus operator. T/O is more restrictive, so I can see them going through the same or more to get a large class of train operators.......

So just like the B/O exam more people failed than passed for the last T/O exam. They go through that many people to get just 1 class for B/O? Looks like a lot of people get weeded out during the process.