R68 F Train

Photos via Ebay Link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370171517544#ebayphotohosting

Now that's something Ive never seen before:eek:

Zach

you know if i remember corectly when i was a little kid (11ish) i could swear that R68s were on the (F)(yess i knew bout subway cars then lol) well i knew that there were diff ones not numbers but i remember that

When the R68s were first brought in, they were tested on the (F) line. The pics are very rare because they were only there a short while and there are VERY few pics from the mid to late 80's. An amazing find in every way!

That photo was taken in the Spring of 1986. The reason why the 68's were tested on the F is simply due to the Closure of the Manhattan Bridge. Yes, it is a very rare photo.
The R68s were partially why the Manhattan Bridge closed due to their weight.

you know if i remember corectly when i was a little kid (11ish) i could swear that R68s were on the (F)(yess i knew bout subway cars then lol) well i knew that there were diff ones not numbers but i remember that

i agree the R68 looks great as an (F) if im not mistaken i remember seeing a few of them running on the (F) years back when they were working on the Manhattan Bridge the 1st time like in 88-89

The r68's did appear on the (F) in the late '80's/early 90's usually on weekends. I rode on them several times when i was a boy too.

Ditto for the R46's occasionally on the (N) line in same time also.

The r68's did appear on the (F) in the late '80's/early 90's usually on weekends. I rode on them several times when i was a boy too.

Ditto for the R46's occasionally on the (N) line in same time also.

yes, i remember when i was a toddler, i saw an R46 (N) or R68 (F), though i am not sure about the (F). i might have saw an unrebuilt R46 with the curtain roll sign and blue paint band. not 100% sure.

I can tell their old. You don't have to tell me! These pictures was from the late 1980's-early 1990's.

i was not saying that to you!

yes, i remember when i was a toddler, i saw an R46 (N) or R68 (F), though i am not sure about the (F). i might have saw an unrebuilt R46 with the curtain roll sign and blue paint band. not 100% sure.

i was not saying that to you!

Well, I did not know! How Immature....

Archived