Express trains to Citi Field on the weekend!

R32 Anthony

Hey Mets fans, what do you think? I think on weekends the (MTA) should put <7> express trains starting at 10:00 AM leaving Times Square to Main Street. I just hate sitting stop after stop on the (7) line. This is why I try to take the (E) to 74 street and transfer to the (7). Let's get our own express train with the Mets logo in front!

The expresses dont run often enough and run local local express, and if theres a delay its local local local express.

I think it should be every other train, because that ride isn't short, and it's bound to get more crowded with people trying to get to NYP from the new extension.

- A

Hey Mets fans, what do you think? I think on weekends the (MTA) should put <7> express trains starting at 10:00 AM leaving Times Square to Main Street. I just hate sitting stop after stop on the (7) line. This is why I try to take the (E) to 74 street and transfer to the (7). Let's get our own express train with the Mets logo in front!

i actually made this same point myself

It sounds good, but remember the (MTA) doesnt have money for all these changes as they are cutting on things.. Unless the (MTA) has been doing this flushing express for game thing a long time ago?

LETS GO METS (7)<7> =D~

Isn't there super express for people to get back to Manhattan after night games at Shea, well now it's Citi, that stops only for a few stops?

Not that i know of. 2 times i took the next to the last (NJT) train back to trenton & took cab home (:septa: last train to pa left 45 minutes before i got to trenton). No extra any special service on the subway that i can remember. In fact i started avoiding the (7) for those later games because i didnt want to have to ride a local train back. Hopped LIRR.

- A

Here is how it goes IIRC:

Weekday night game: <7> to MWP; after game <7> super express (only stopping at 61, Queensboro Plaza, Grand Central, 5 Avenue, and Times Square) from MWP

Weekend day and night game: no <7> to MWP; <7> super express

Weekday day game at 1:10: earlier <7> to MWP; no <7> on the way back

I went to a 12:10 Phillies-Mets game last year (my last game at Shea) and there was no <7> there nor back. To make things worse, the Phillies lost that game and Oliver Perez struck out 12 Phils! RATS!

The Super Express comes in handy especially if the Phillies lose ;)

Here is how it goes IIRC:

Weekday night game: <7> to MWP; after game <7> super express (only stopping at 61, Queensboro Plaza, Grand Central, 5 Avenue, and Times Square) from MWP

Weekend day and night game: no <7> to MWP; <7> super express

Weekday day game at 1:10: earlier <7> to MWP; no <7> on the way back

I went to a 12:10 Phillies-Mets game last year (my last game at Shea) and there was no <7> there nor back. To make things worse, the Phillies lost that game and Oliver Perez struck out 12 Phils! RATS!

The Super Express comes in handy especially if the Phillies lose :D

:cool:

The express is only express in queens. and only after stopping at 4 stations in queens first. On the way back to tsq you have 9 stops even with the <7>. It will only get worse when the extension is done They really need to have a <7> that skips 5th ave once the extension is operational. Also, if it gets a shared station with the (T), the <7> skips it. Ride is long enough as it is with broken AC. ;)

- A

They really need to have a <7> that skips 5th ave once the extension is operational. Also, if it gets a shared station with the (T), the <7> skips it. Ride is long enough as it is with broken AC. :)

- A

How is that going to be possible? Remember it's only two tracks there.

And the (7)<7> would connect to the (T) at GCT IIRC. Can't skip that.

How is that going to be possible? Remember it's only two tracks there.

And the (7)<7> would connect to the (T) at GCT IIRC. Can't skip that.

Just like they skip the stations between QBP and GCT, express on the local

There are the super express trains after the ballgame is over after every game. My point is that on weekends, they should have a Mets express train going to the ballpark. How many times you get on the (7) in Manhattan or Queensboro Plaza and take the (7) every stop. It is boring and long. Let's get with the program guys!

first of all, the (7) local is not boring; the local stations are heavily used and l like meeting new people on the subway (it is fun, trust me). second, if you closely examine the timetable, the express service only saves you 5-8 minutes, so what difference would a Mets express service make? i am sure most of you baseball fans would arrive 1-2 hours before a game. lastly, you cannot have express service on the local track due to frequency of the (7) line and constant construction that diverts the local to express or vice-versa.

Well if one is boarding in Manhattan or Long Island City, then it would be a good idea to have an express service to CF even if it saves up to 8 minutes. Plus if the (7) ran local, there would be people holding the doors at some stations. The (7) local would be for the people at the local stations going to CitiField.

There would not be any construction during a Mets game.

Plus the Broad Street Line has a few express trains from Fern Rock to Pattison which only stops at Onley, Erie, Girard, Spring Garden, Race-Vine, City Hall, Walnut-Locust, then Pattison.

• 1 month later...

Tell you the truth, I dont see why the super <7> doesn't out to Citifield when there's a weekend game happening. If there aren't any GO's happening, I think it would be good to have a super <7> before a game. Even if it isn't an super express, a regular <7> should run on game day. That's just me with that one.

Archived