Orion 5 CNG on the B9?

Dave160

it always did. The B9 comes out of Jackie Gleason Depot. That Depot has New Flyer Low Floors, Orion VII CNG's and Orion V's CNG's.

Speaking of, if those O5 CNGs can last longer---perhaps they should go to Long Island Bus to knock off the last of the 1400-1507 batch of buses that aren't retired with the O7 NGs.

Speaking of, if those O5 CNGs can last longer---perhaps they should go to Long Island Bus to knock off the last of the 1400-1507 batch of buses that aren't retired with the O7 NGs.

i dont see why not. i mean Jackie Gleason can use some of those New Next Generation buses.

The B9 had been using Orion V CNGs since like... 1995!

it always did. The B9 comes out of Jackie Gleason Depot. That Depot has New Flyer Low Floors, Orion VII CNG's and Orion V's CNG's.

As I read the thread title, I said to myself, they been running O5's on that route...

That's all I ever see on the B9....

Ahh ok. I rarely ever have seen a O5 CNG on the B9.... usually its just D40LF's and O7 CNG's.

Is it 1201 and if not what units?

Its not 1201, its those HAI hopital buses, which are GMC RTS's (still with the 6V92) and repowered TMC RTS, IIRC there all ex NYCT. I seen one of the TMCs they had come out of the depot, it has an red paint scheme and the JG depot sticker on it. It wasn't able to get a picture of it though. :P

Its not 1201, its those HAI hopital buses, which are GMC RTS's (still with the 6V92) and repowered TMC RTS, IIRC there all ex NYCT. I seen one of the TMCs they had come out of the depot, it has an red paint scheme and the JG depot sticker on it. It wasn't able to get a picture of it though. :)

Those would be 1848 (which has a 6V92TA), 8183 (repowered), and 8185 (repowered). The one with the red scheme is 8185. 1848 has a blue scheme and 8183 has none last time I saw it (it may have changed since).

i agree,all the LIB's 1997 Orion V CNG should retire since some of them are being replace,they might as well send the NYCT's 1994-1995 Orion V CNG to Long Island Bus to replace the remaining LIB's 1997 Orion V CNG.

Also i think it's about time for the 1994-1995 Orion V CNG to transfer to LIB,they have been at JG too long and they need to take a break from Jakie Gleason,then the some of the MTA Bus's (EX-PBLs's) 1998-1999 Orion V CNG should transfer to Jakie Gleason to displace the 1994-1995 Orion V CNG.

I already know all the LIB's 1996 Orion V CNG will all retire since there few units left.

Archived