F train bandits on the loose

N6 Limited

http://www.amny.com/news/f-train-bandits-on-the-loose-1.9530353

Police are looking for two men in their 20s who robbed three people in separate incidents on the F train over the past couple months.

In the first incident, the men grabbed a 23-year-old man from behind as he walked up the stairs of the 169th Street F station on Sept 2. They threw him to the ground and punched him before taking his wallet from his back pocket just after 4 a.m.
About a month later, the suspects attacked a 30-year-old man who was riding the F train at about 9 a.m., police said. One of the suspects punched the man in the face and demanded his iPad on Sept. 30.
But the victim refused and although the suspects followed him off the train at the Sutphin Boulevard stop, they fled empty-handed, police said.
On Oct. 8 they struck again, grabbing a cellphone from a 33-year-old man's hands as he sat on the F train at about 1:40 p.m., police said. The men jumped off the train at the Parsons Boulevard stop and the victim tried to chase them.
One of the suspects punched the man in his face before running away, police said.

Watch out

Parsons Avenue and Suphin Bvld where the F runs too also Parsons Archer on the E,was notorios for crime back when Guliani was mayor. Even schoolkids from Jamaica Hillcrest HS whatever gets involed car jackings and robbery+assault. This actually is the norm here. Many of the areas in this area is blood territory so do not wear red if you venture out in especially in South Jamaica.

This is why it is imperative that security camers be installed in cars.

Lol...I don't wear red anywere...

Here we go again....

Here we go again? Robberies have always been happening on the subway, sometimes it just randomly makes the news.

Parsons Avenue and Suphin Bvld where the F runs too also Parsons Archer on the E,was notorios for crime back when Guliani was mayor. Even schoolkids from Jamaica Hillcrest HS whatever gets involed car jackings and robbery+assault. This actually is the norm here. Many of the areas in this area is blood territory so do not wear red if you venture out in especially in South Jamaica.

This is why it is imperative that security camers be installed in cars.

Maybe wearing a red flag might get you some unwanted attention, but you can wear red anything else and you'd be fine.

Here we go again? Robberies have always been happening on the subway, sometimes it just randomly makes the news.

Maybe wearing a red flag might get you some unwanted attention, but you can wear red anything else and you'd be fine.

I know that...Just tired of hearing about it...Especially coming from ppl who attack elderly ppl 

Why does everyone think installing security cameras on the trains will magically cause crime to go down? Sure, the MTA will be able to catch criminals, but it's not going to prevent criminals from doing what they do.

Then you have the people thinking creating new rules and laws will lower crimes...like since when did criminals follow the rules/law?

lol@watch out warnings... People are too self-absorbed to watch out for anything.  I don't understand why people constantly take their cell phones out on the subways.  I don't take anything out on the subway.  No one needs to know what I have or don't have for that matter, as that my business.  Some people make themselves a target unnecessarily.

lol@watch out warnings... People are too self-absorbed to watch out for anything.  I don't understand why people constantly take their cell phones out on the subways.  I don't take anything out on the subway.  No one needs to know what I have or don't have for that matter, as that my business.  Some people make themselves a target unnecessarily.

If you're smart, you'll watch out for those warnings. As for cell phones, most people don't want to be bored when riding the train. In fact, I believe wearing earphones or headphones makes you safer because people may always think you're looking at them or are trying to get into their business, so by wearing earphones or headphones, you're safer, but you need your phone for that. You could put it in your pocket and people won't see anything but the earphones. Lastly, when do you ever actually take the subway, lol?

If you're smart, you'll watch out for those warnings. As for cell phones, most people don't want to be bored when riding the train. In fact, I believe wearing earphones or headphones makes you safer because people may always think you're looking at them or are trying to get into their business, so by wearing earphones or headphones, you're safer, but you need your phone for that. You could put it in your pocket and people won't see anything but the earphones. Lastly, when do you ever actually take the subway, lol?

lol... Smh... I don't need someone to tell me how to conduct myself on a subway. Wearing your headphones or earbuds doesn't make you "safer".  It just makes you more of a target. For your information I've been using the subways for well over 15 years at all sorts of hours, and used it last Wednesday in the city, and I've never had an incident because I don't have time to be "bored".  I'm focusing on my surroundings and who is doing what so that if something happens, I can be prepared to act accordingly.  I don't make myself a target and use common sense, unlike some people who I see on the train with their expensive Apple laptops out like the whole world needs to know that they have a laptop.  I mean seriously what they're doing on the train they can surely do somewhere else, especially knowing how hot some products are.  They're just asking for trouble.

That area has a high robbery rate. Many people were robbed and some were even threaten that if they alerted anyone they would get hurt or even killed. I've noticed there are more police on Hillside and especially Jamaica Ave. Now that police officers were slashed by a guy on Thursday I wouldn't be surprised if even more cops are patrolling the area. People today are just crazy and have no regard for human life. They rather kill someone for a phone rather than get a job and buy one legally. I personally don't like going to that area because there is always somebody looking to start trouble and I know a few people who were robbed by some foolish kids that have nothing going for themselves.

lol... Smh... I don't need someone to tell me how to conduct myself on a subway. Wearing your headphones or earbuds doesn't make you "safer".  It just makes you more of a target. For your information I've been using the subways for well over 15 years at all sorts of hours, and used it last Wednesday in the city, and I've never had an incident because I don't have time to be "bored".  I'm focusing on my surroundings and who is doing what so that if something happens, I can be prepared to act accordingly.  I don't make myself a target and use common sense, unlike some people who I see on the train with their expensive Apple laptops out like the whole world needs to know that they have a laptop.  I mean seriously what they're doing on the train they can surely do somewhere else, especially knowing how hot some products are.  They're just asking for trouble.

I never said you didn't use them. I said how often do you use them. If I am "focused on my surroundings" and stare at them, they make that the wrong way. Hell, I had an incident at 86th Street on the (N) trying to HELP the woman a guy was with and there were major issues. As for "all sorts of hours", I tend to stay away from the trains during late nights. I do agree it's not smart to bring your laptop on the train. I only bring it if I absolutely have to or if it needs to be repaired. Even then, I use the express bus when taking my computer with me.

I never said you didn't use them. I said how often do you use them. If I am "focused on my surroundings" and stare at them, they make that the wrong way. Hell, I had an incident at 86th Street on the (N) trying to HELP the woman a guy was with and there were major issues. As for "all sorts of hours", I tend to stay away from the trains during late nights. I do agree it's not smart to bring your laptop on the train. I only bring it if I absolutely have to or if it needs to be repaired. Even then, I use the express bus when taking my computer with me.

At least once a week if not more.  All depends on where I'm going and how quickly I need to be there. There is nothing wrong with having a laptop with you on the subway.  What is stupid is taking it out while on the subway as I've seen some people do, as if they MUST do work on the subway and show everyone that they have an expensive Apple laptop, knowing that the thieves live for Apple products.

I use my phone on the train, my ride from Jamaica isn't the shortest so I use my phone to be productive with my time, I use language learning apps and/or read ebooks.

At least once a week if not more.  All depends on where I'm going and how quickly I need to be there. There is nothing wrong with having a laptop with you on the subway.  What is stupid is taking it out while on the subway as I've seen some people do, as if they MUST do work on the subway and show everyone that they have an expensive Apple laptop, knowing that the thieves live for Apple products.

I've seen people work on their laptop on the train also, they are also making productive use of their time using public transportation. 

I use my phone on the train, my ride from Jamaica isn't the shortest so I use my phone to be productive with my time, I use language learning apps and/or read ebooks.

I've seen people work on their laptop on the train also, they are also making productive use of their time using public transportation. 

Well I'm productive while I'm on the express bus checking e-mails on my phone, but I wouldn't dare pull out my cell phone on the subway.  It's a question of safety over productivity.   

Archived