CI R160B's on the (F)

R32 3838

Since last Sunday I saw some lowerd numbered R160's on the (F), I saw 9148-9157 on the (F) yesterday during the PM Rush, Last Sunday I saw 9147-9143 hooked to an R160A 94xx, I don't know how these cars are on the (F), But If I see these R160's while on the Platform I will take A Picture.

Since last Sunday I saw some lowerd numbered R160's on the (F), I saw 9148-9157 on the (F) yesterday during the PM Rush, Last Sunday I saw 9147-9143 hooked to an R160A 94xx, I don't know how these cars are on the (F), But If I see these R160's while on the Platform I will take A Picture.

Interesting, when Coney Island had R32's, did the (F) ever use Coney Island's sets as well?

Looks like the Q wouldn't become entirely R160 after all.

I don't the (Q) was planned to be fully R160. They stopped giving R160's to Coney Island after 9167 or so. The rest went to Jamaica. But if you think about it, Coney Island does not need anymore R160's. All 60' SMEE's are gone. That is why Coney Island got R160's in the first place, to displace all of its R40/M's, R32's, and R42's. Since all of them are gone, they're set for the next 20 years. In 20 years (more or less) the R68/A's will be retiring. I'm happy that Coney Island are not receiving any more R160's. While I do love R160's. I also love R68A's (I like R68's too, just not as much). If more R160's come to CI, those R68/A's will have to some other yard. I would not want that. I hope R68A's remain in Coney Island until their retirement.

If more R160's come to CI, those R68/A's will have to some other yard. I would not want that. I hope R68A's remain in Coney Island until their retirement.
I was thinking that if the G really goes to CI that the R68As will fill the spot of the R46s at CI. Then there will be enough room to move more R160s and fill up the Q. But I agree that the R68/A should remain at Concourse and CI for the rest of their time.

I was thinking that if the G really goes to CI that the R68As will fill the spot of the R46s at CI. Then there will be enough room to move more R160s and fill up the Q. But I agree that the R68/A should remain at Concourse and CI for the rest of their time.

I used to think that the (G) will go to Coney Island, but I don't anymore. For a long time the (G) has been and still is terminating at Court Square. The last time I saw a (G) beyond Court square was on December 21, 2007. It does just fine using Jamaica Yard while terminating at Court Square. With its extension to church ave, it still wouldn't have any problems using Jamaica Yard. One could say that since it would be closer to Coney Island Yard they could switch. But, the (F) goes all the way to Coney Island, but it is still part of JYD. Also, Many T/O's mentioned R68/A's are not good for OPTO, which the (G) uses. I think Coney Island is done with new cars for a while.

I used to think that the (G) will go to Coney Island, but I don't anymore. For a long time the (G) has been and still is terminating at Court Square. The last time I saw a (G) beyond Court square was on December 21, 2007. It does just fine using Jamaica Yard while terminating at Court Square. With its extension to church ave, it still wouldn't have any problems using Jamaica Yard. One could say that since it would be closer to Coney Island Yard they could switch. But, the (F) goes all the way to Coney Island, but it is still part of JYD. Also, Many T/O's mentioned R68/A's are not good for OPTO, which the (G) uses. I think Coney Island is done with new cars for a while.

This is true but the R68 is still OPTO capable. But if the (G) goes to CI then Jamaica won't need 40 R46s anymore, or 50 R160s. Jamaica can then transfer over 50 R160s to CI (to maintain uniformity of fleets) and Jamaica will have less of a burden of cars to maintain.

any subway car with a full-width cab is OPTO capable. do not forget the Franklin Avenue Shuttle, which uses R68s, is OPTO as well. when the (G) gets extended to Church Avenue, it will be much closer to Coney Island than Jamaica, so it only makes sense for (NYCT) to transfer them there. trains can relay to/from the yard using the Culver Express track without interruption to (F) service, unlike right now when it has to travel from Court Square to Jamaica Yard. The (F) may go to Coney Island, but it goes through Jamaica Yard during its travel. same thing with the (D) and the Concourse Yard. Coney Island may still get some R160s, but only enough to fill up the (Q) 100% so its R68/68As can go to the (G). there is just enough of those cars on the (Q) to fill up the entire (G) line. that does not mean Coney Island is giving up all its R68/68As because they will still run on the (:). there are not plans to change cars on that route right now nor do i believe the (F) will be fully R160s. speaking of Jamaica, can someone explain how a yard that looks so small from a satalitte map compared to other yards can handle so many cars at once?

any subway car with a full-width cab is OPTO capable. do not forget the Franklin Avenue Shuttle, which uses R68s, is OPTO as well. when the (G) gets extended to Church Avenue, it will be much closer to Coney Island than Jamaica, so it only makes sense for (NYCT) to transfer them there. trains can relay to/from the yard using the Culver Express track without interruption to (F) service, unlike right now when it has to travel from Court Square to Jamaica Yard. The (F) may go to Coney Island, but it goes through Jamaica Yard during its travel. same thing with the (D) and the Concourse Yard. Coney Island may still get some R160s, but only enough to fill up the (Q) 100% so its R68/68As can go to the (G). there is just enough of those cars on the (Q) to fill up the entire (G) line. that does not mean Coney Island is giving up all its R68/68As because they will still run on the (:). there are not plans to change cars on that route right now nor do i believe the (F) will be fully R160s. speaking of Jamaica, can someone explain how a yard that looks so small from a satalitte map compared to other yards can handle so many cars at once?

the (Q) is not giving up its R68/R68As and why would they removed the R68/R68As on the (Q) when thats whats it using the most

Originally, the TA wanted to make the (N) and (W) lines 100% R160's. Guess what, there still running 68's on the (W). As for the (Q), the TA had no intention to make the (Q) 100% R160's.

(Q) riders preferred the R68/68As cause it had more seats, they did not like the R160 seats which kinda makes me wonder why

the (Q) is not giving up its R68/R68As and why would they removed the R68/R68As on the (Q) when thats whats it using the most

Wrong. The (Q) at some days were 80% R160s, given up its R68 cars to the (W) cause the (W) gave up its R160s to the (N). The (:) had taken a majority of what the (Q) had in terms of R68As. And its not based on whats being used the most, its based on necessity.

R68/68As do not make up the majority of the (Q). (NYCT) has always planned to make that route fully R160s.

Wrong. Three days after the R160s hit the (Q) line, there were complaints of the seats, which came into the light with the riders report cards. (Q) train riders preferred the R68/68As over the R160s. One reason why there are at least 4-6 sets of R68/68As on the (Q) with the rest being R160.

On another note, these past few weeks, the (W) has been 100% R160, only 1 day during each week have I seen an R68 on that line

(Q) riders preferred the R68/68As cause it had more seats, they did not like the R160 seats which kinda makes me wonder why

Wrong. The (Q) at some days were 80% R160s, given up its R68 cars to the (W) cause the (W) gave up its R160s to the (N). The (:) had taken a majority of what the (Q) had in terms of R68As. And its not based on whats being used the most, its based on necessity.

Wrong. Three days after the R160s hit the (Q) line, there were complaints of the seats, which came into the light with the riders report cards. (Q) train riders preferred the R68/68As over the R160s. One reason why there are at least 4-6 sets of R68/68As on the (Q) with the rest being R160.

On another note, these past few weeks, the (W) has been 100% R160, only 1 day during each week have I seen an R68 on that line

That's why I like (Q) Riders, They hate the R160's, But on another Note, I have a Feeling that a semins set is going to pop up on the (F), But the MTA needs to Upgrade the seats on the R160's as well as the r142's/r143's.

Originally, the TA wanted to make the (N) and (W) lines 100% R160's. Guess what, there still running 68's on the (W). As for the (Q), the TA had no intention to make the (Q) 100% R160's.

Well, the (W) is going to be gone in December so who cares.The REAL Question is, where are those extra cars going.

Archived