Are their School Bus Fans?

Brighton Local

Ugh. I loathe the school buses. Well, at least the old ones. The smell of gasoline hung everywhere, and I got nauseous (sp?) 45 minutes into the trip. Of course, this was when I was only a child, I haven't been on one in so long. However, I do like the Academy buses better.

Is there such thing as a Hybrid School bus?

I am a fan i guess you can call me that. But only if the buses are good enough,for example my old bus never could go faster than 15 MPH wtf!and the terrible exahust leak it had.......the new bus I got was a Freightliner Safe-T-Liner version.It wans't the "cab over" version ig uess you would call it,it was the conventional one.We called these the pimp bus as they were shiny,tinted windows all around,quiet as hell,went faster than 15mph! Now for the good part. Digitial gauges:eek: sirius satillite(sp?) radio:eek: Air conditioner!:eek: My old crappy bus was some amtran Genesis piece of crap cab ove rthat was 15+ years old. 1 year younger than me!Well now its scrapped:p But since I moved I notice that all my new school uses is the crappy old kind of bus that I just got rid of!:( Figures:rolleyes:

I drove them when I started my bus driving jobs (it ain't gonna be a career). I drove the flat nose model though. Long as hell, and slow as hell. It was Greenwich Bus (now Greenwich Schools), and was part of White Plains Bus Company. I had to put that thing on I-95 from exit 5 to 3. 50mph is all I could get, which is bad on a highway. Accident waiting to happen. The senior guys got the buses with the A/C (roof mounted). I like the looks of the new cheese buses. I still wouldn't drive one again though.

don't even get me started on those rolling trash cans.....

no A/C, broken windows, sticky disgusting seats, bumpy, loud, noisy, you name it, they have it!

Error, I think this is one of your CLASSIC responses to something you hate ( for a reason) and it cracked me up!! :( LMAO!!

Be easy on my school buses guys. They're for the kids. They're great but I can't wait to work for transit.

well true. we can't indulge the little kindergarten kids too much or else they'll start acting like little idiots that expect everything. but for the bigger kids i think we deserve good school buses.

well true. we can't indulge the little kindergarten kids too much or else they'll start acting like little idiots that expect everything. but for the bigger kids i think we deserve good school buses.

Why when you all are more destructive than the kindergarten kids? They should get the nice new cheese buses, with A/C and heat, and you all should suffer on old rolling trash cans. I get H.S and J.H.S kids on my buses, and they are hands down the worst. Error, I'm not talking about you personally, but just generalizing you age group of bus riders. I've drove school buses myself, and in one day I had Pre-schoolers, middle schoolers, and high schoolers. The middle schoolers were the worst in Geenwich, Conn. Here it's the youngest high schoolers.

Why when you all are more destructive than the kindergarten kids? They should get the nice new cheese buses, with A/C and heat, and you all should suffer on old rolling trash cans. I get H.S and J.H.S kids on my buses, and they are hands down the worst. Error, I'm not talking about you personally, but just generalizing you age group of bus riders. I've drove school buses myself, and in one day I had Pre-schoolers, middle schoolers, and high schoolers. The middle schoolers were the worst in Geenwich, Conn. Here it's the youngest high schoolers.

I agree 100% I say in the grades 7-10 is when the kids are the worst(I am in 10th lol) As the get older the kinda mellow out and care more about themselves. And seeing as I'm not the most popular kid in school by far since I'm not destructive and care about other people's property(most of the time unless I get pissed enough to do something)

I say that the nice calm kids should get there own nice buses then have a separate crappy bus that putts around that picks up the rude and obnoxious kids.

Come up here and drive the HS trips for the MBTA.. We're probably the least problematic.

Except for a little.. erm, problem we had the other day.. :P

Are they ever going to make hybrid school buses for the kids?

I would say no,but the are makin them "more efficent" As if you make a engine a hybrid you loose all sorts of power,and a school bus think about,in comparison I blew by this little crappy hybrid on I-95 the other day,it was doin like 45 and we were doin the speed limit of 65! And when we got to a hill it slowed down even more!

I would say no,but the are makin them "more efficent" As if you make a engine a hybrid you loose all sorts of power,and a school bus think about,in comparison I blew by this little crappy hybrid on I-95 the other day,it was doin like 45 and we were doin the speed limit of 65! And when we got to a hill it slowed down even more!

The Hybrid transit buses here can TAKE OFF, and can't be governed down. They run at 55mph.

Archived