Nostalgia Ride: 81 Street-Central Park West

so wait if i go to the transit musuem and buy a ticket thats 10$ (im 14 and im not a member so im not sure if they will give me the ticket) and then i go to the ride,and if i stay on the train until the end of the ride,i go into the 207th street yard and get a tour of it?

Is too late to buy ticket now because I always wonder how to buy ticket.

Can you also able to buy at Annex?

no,as a matter of fact,u can buy your ticket that day at the door.

so wait if i go to the transit musuem and buy a ticket thats 10$ (im 14 and im not a member so im not sure if they will give me the ticket) and then i go to the ride,and if i stay on the train until the end of the ride,i go into the 207th street yard and get a tour of it?

No they wont,Luz will ask how old u are,when u tell her your 14,shes gonna say u need to be accomponied by someone over 18! I made belive I was 18,I passed for it since I look it,even though im 16 but I had to pay the adult price. Bveguy,Emmanuel295 will be coming with me,there under 18,I told Luz that they would be with me so its ok for them to come. If u want,I can try to help u out,PM me,i'll c what I can do.

If you get a kid's ticket you will have to be accompanied by an adult.

Directions as to who ends up where and what to do to make sure you end up where you want to be (some people are going to the Museum of Natural History, one of the other destinations of the trip), will be given on the train. If you want to go to 207, follow the directions for those who want to go to 207.

Is too late to buy ticket now because I always wonder how to buy ticket.

Can you also able to buy at Annex?

No it is not too late to buy a ticket. See earlier in the thread for info on how to get a ticket.

No you can't get it at the annex, have to get it at the museum itself.

Yup that's the plan...will be a busy but fun weekend for me, good thing I took time off from work the week before

Will it be as fun as operating the crane car or doing some work on the break valve at the last second?

• 2 weeks later...
Change of plans: The train is departing the transit museum at 11 A.M..

That's not a change of plans at all. That's what the plan was. The museum is not open to the public at that hour (check in starts at 9:30) so you will still need a ticket etc.

If you don't have a ticket yet, pre booking has ended but there are still spots left. Just go to the museum between 9:30 and 10AM Sunday with $30 cash and you can still get your ticket.

That's not a change of plans at all. That's what the plan was. The museum is not open to the public at that hour (check in starts at 9:30) so you will still need a ticket etc.

If you don't have a ticket yet, pre booking has ended but there are still spots left. Just go to the museum between 9:30 and 10AM Sunday with $30 cash and you can still get your ticket.

It is a change,I went with him that day to get the tickets and Luz said to us that the train was leaving the museum at 10:15. I recently got a letter from the Luz saying that the train departs the museum at 11 am now. and there is lots of seats left,im having another 2 ppl come with me that morning and there gonna pay at the door.

Do you guys mind if we all sit in the rear car, this way when the train relays we will basically all be in the front after that?

You can go wherever you like on the train. Just be prepared to have to deal with the kid in the red shirt with the long hair who does't cut his fingernails and the "army of video filmers" if you want to be anywhere near the front of the train at any point in time

Just remember one rule: If you're in or near the front, let the kids to the front. For them it's an experience that could make them interested in transit in the future, and with the front window going away, it's an experience that shouldn't be denied them. Besides they're short and you can see over them ;)

o,so your coming? great! all the railfanners can stay together!

Yes, I'm definitely in! As railfans we stand; as foamers we fall! X-D! I just think that since we are all familiar with the subway more than the others, everyone from NYCTF should stick together, and Who else really deserves the luxury of sitting in the front car with that wonderful railfan window as we make our way uptown?

Who else really deserves the luxury of sitting in the front car with that wonderful railfan window as we make our way uptown?

The kids, like Drew mentioned. ;) @ Drew: Does that kid always wear that red shirt? I think I've seen some pictures of him back in 04 in nycsubway.org and in all the shots, he has that red shirt.

The kids, like Drew mentioned. ;) @ Drew: Does that kid always wear that red shirt? I think I've seen some pictures of him back in 04 in nycsubway.org and in all the shots, he has that red shirt.

The answer: a resounding YES! ALWAYS!

Aww man... I wanna take the car somewhere around the middle so I can play C/R - Point at the spotting board and pretend to close the train doors lol.

But I'll be holding a piece of paper saying "New York City Transit Forums" on the platform so all us railfanners can gather there lol.

Aww man... I wanna take the car somewhere around the middle so I can play C/R - Point at the spotting board and pretend to close the train doors lol.

But I'll be holding a piece of paper saying "New York City Transit Forums" on the platform so all us railfanners can gather there lol.

dont forget,im the one thats responsible for you and the others thats coming with us because Luz thinks im 18. I'll make that sign and hold it,lol. we can all meet up at the museum that day at 9:30a.

Archived