The F Line this weekend

nel070

i was riding the (F) all day long and noticed that the (F) was almost all 160s about 95 percent rode from elmhurst to coney island and all i saw was mostly 160s and they even had one laid up at 18 ave where is the (F) suddenly getting all these 160s from

My guess is that because R160 can easily be swapped between lines....

They're E R160's, and because the E doesnt need as many sets during the weekend, they use them on the F as well...I Think you going to see exclusively R160's on the weekends along QB lines pretty soon...Wouldnt surprise me if the R started to take on some.

There's a total of 42 trains of R160 availble for service out of Jamaica. The (E) runs 26 trains during rush hour while the (F) runs 45. Let's slash those numbers in half to resemble weekend service, which is 10 minute headways (the real number is lower since both lines run every 4 mins during the rush). (E) 13 + (F) 22 = 35 total trains. Both the (E) and (F) can be 100% R160 on the weekends, late nights, and maybe even the evenings if I did my math correctly.

After all the R160's are in service, the (F) line will NOT be 100% R160's. This past Saturday, I saw more R46's than R160's.

That's not what R160B8713 meant. He's saying that since there are less trains running during the weekends, evenings, and late nights that there are enough R160s to suffice the runs. After all, the R46s will become the oldest fleet on QBL and would perhaps run only part-time or during middays/rushes.

:cough:yesitwill:cough:

QBL will have full R160s whenever they get started with the CBTC conversion crap, whenever that happens. But right now, I don't see QBL to have total R160s yet, although from what I heard, the (R) is supposed to get them next.

There's a total of 42 trains of R160 availble for service out of Jamaica. The (E) runs 26 trains during rush hour while the (F) runs 45. Let's slash those numbers in half to resemble weekend service, which is 10 minute headways (the real number is lower since both lines run every 4 mins during the rush). (E) 13 + (F) 22 = 35 total trains. Both the (E) and (F) can be 100% R160 on the weekends, late nights, and maybe even the evenings if I did my math correctly.

The (F) is not 100% R160's during weekends and Late nights, But in the future we will see, I usauly ride the (F) at night and I get an R46, They run half and half, The reason why the (F) was mostly R160 that weekend because half of the R46's were being shopped due to having dead motors.

As for the R160's at Jamaica Yard, I'm a bit confused.

How many R160 sets are usually on the (F) during rush hrs? Also, the subway car datasheet still shows only 300 R160 cars at Jamaica for revenue service. Time for a little update, I guess :P

The datasheet is so inaccurate, it's not even funny. It hasn't been updated since June! The (F) uses half and half all day; not even at night would you see full R160s, as what 3838 said above.

Archived