Train blowing the snow down the track at Forest Hills

Pablo M 201

• 3 months later...

Awesome shots Phil and Pablo, I really like the snow combined with the cloudy/dark sky!

Are these shots taken from the Forest Hills station platforms? And is this a good spot to take pictures of trains, let's say during PM rush, with lots of trains passing by?

Awesome shots Phil and Pablo, I really like the snow combined with the cloudy/dark sky!

Are these shots taken from the Forest Hills station platforms? And is this a good spot to take pictures of trains, let's say during PM rush, with lots of trains passing by?

Nice shots guys! Do those trains run off a 3rd rail also?

EDIT: never mind I see it!

Thanks! And yes, Forest Hills is a great spot for photos, and perfect during the rush. Trains are constantly passing by.

Nice shots guys! Bo those trains run off a 3rd rail also?

EDIT: never mind I see it!

Thanks!

Great Shots Boyz!
Thanks Man!

Thanks! And yes, Forest Hills is a great spot for photos, and perfect during the rush. Trains are constantly passing by.
I think I'll check it out then... I've also read that adjacent Forest Hills Gardens is a very nice community with tree-lined streets and tudor-style houses, which should guarantee for a nice walk after PM rush railfanning! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Cool photos. Forrest hills LIRR station is really nice. I had to wait there in wind & freezing rain a year ago watching no fewer than 6 trains pass through without stopping. Forrest hills being mentioned gives me shivers to this day.

- Andy

Cool photos. Forrest hills LIRR station is really nice. I had to wait there in wind & freezing rain a year ago watching no fewer than 6 trains pass through without stopping. Forrest hills being mentioned gives me shivers to this day.

- Andy

LOL! That sucks. It was pretty cold the day I was out there taking shots.

Archived