Arbitration Unease

Trainmaster5

Now that Roger Toussaint and Curtis Tate are supposedly out of the picture let's see what happens. The John Samuelson slate has won the major posts in TWU Local 100. But...... last week Ray Charles, 'scuse me, David Patterson, cut $143 mil from the (MTA) budget allocation and today they say that the state budget forecasters have discovered a $200 mil "shortfall" in tax revenues dedicated for the (MTA). Now I hope you non-employees can see the obvious game being played by the state and the (MTA) on we employees and the riding public. All of this is coming out now to pit the public against the workforce and not so subtly the judge hearing the appeal of the arbitration award. All of a sudden those service cuts and fare hikes are being talked about again. Do you STILL believe the capital plans and promises they've made recently? State and (MTA) accountants all wrong? These guys must have gone to the Bernie Madoff Business School!!! Stay tuned.

Now that Roger Toussaint and Curtis Tate are supposedly out of the picture let's see what happens. The John Samuelson slate has won the major posts in TWU Local 100. But...... last week Ray Charles, 'scuse me, David Patterson, cut $143 mil from the (MTA) budget allocation and today they say that the state budget forecasters have discovered a $200 mil "shortfall" in tax revenues dedicated for the (MTA). Now I hope you non-employees can see the obvious game being played by the state and the (MTA) on we employees and the riding public. All of this is coming out now to pit the public against the workforce and not so subtly the judge hearing the appeal of the arbitration award. All of a sudden those service cuts and fare hikes are being talked about again. Do you STILL believe the capital plans and promises they've made recently? State and (MTA) accountants all wrong? These guys must have gone to the Bernie Madoff Business School!!! Stay tuned.

But they still keep their cushy jobs even though they made a huge mistake.

Unbelievable...

The judge gets to decide.

With the "news" of the Emm-Tee-Yaa's bad book keeping i see nothing positive coming out of this for us Alex...

Im just hoping none of us is looking for that "rasie" i feel its not happening...

The okie-doke is just getting started watch...

i dont think the judge is allowed to consider the (MTA)'s current financial state. to overturn an arbitration, the (MTA) has to prove that the arbitrator was either incompetent, biased, or ignored the rules of arbitration. when the arbitrator made his ruling, the (MTA) had just been bailed out. so the judge can't say the arbitrator ignored their dire financial situation because they weren't in one at the time

i dont think the judge is allowed to consider the (MTA)'s current financial state. to overturn an arbitration, the (MTA) has to prove that the arbitrator was either incompetent, biased, or ignored the rules of arbitration. when the arbitrator made his ruling, the (MTA) had just been bailed out. so the judge can't say the arbitrator ignored their dire financial situation because they weren't in one at the time

I hope you are right my friend....

The judge ruled in favor of the union yesterday upholding the mediocre contract obtained in arbitration.

Now lests see what the MTA does, my guess is some sort of further legal action. They already have cost the workers over a year of actually taking advantage of the gains won in the contract.(non financial gains)

The judge ruled in favor of the union yesterday upholding the mediocre contract obtained in arbitration.

Now lests see what the MTA does, my guess is some sort of further legal action. They already have cost the workers over a year of actually taking advantage of the gains won in the contract.(non financial gains)

I can confirm that, I got the copy of the judge's decision. I wouldn't be surprised to see the MTA keep appealing the decision in order to further delay its implementation.

Where did you hear or read this?

• 1 month later...

Archived