Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Yesterday was so beautiful outside, the warm day was really needed. After this week, hopefully spring will be here to stay!

Looks like I may be going the CUNY route, all 6 that I applied to (CSI, Brooklyn, Queens, City, Hunter and Baruch) accepted me.

Damn Stony Brook is taking 23184021985 years after I sent them my tax papers on February 20th. Its March 23rd ffs...

Psh it's only been a month, relax. You are not the ONLY one apply to Stony Brook.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ I didn't even see it the first time... had to watch the clip a 2nd time...

(for anyone else that cares, start watching around the :20 mark... stay focused on the right side of the clip)

Hunter is not bad at all, if you were to go to Baruch, I would of said: "Good luck with those (6) train rides in the morning." But I think it's worse going uptown.

My sister would take the Q to Union sq. & walk it out from there, in her last year there (Baruch)....

Freshman year, she'd take the 5 from church to the 6 at union square..... Said the wait for a 6 train you can even get on, just for that 1 stop, wasn't worth it....

Quite frankly, I don't blame her....

Hunter is not bad at all, if you were to go to Baruch, I would of said: "Good luck with those (6) train rides in the morning." But I think it's worse going uptown.

I don't have to deal with the (6) thankfully, i take the (F) from Jamaica, so I get a 1-seat ride to Lex-63rd then I walk.

Six months of only Gillig's and I already have lumbar related strain. I wish I could say I was being sarcastic but sadly I'm not.

I've dealt with Gilligs since 1995, including Airport buses. It's not as bad as you think. You're not use to it yet.

Edited by DJ MC

I've dealt with Gilligs since 1995, including Airport buses. It's not as bad as you think. You're not use to it yet.

That doesn't sound well at all. I shouldn't have to "get used to" any transit vehicle, and in fact it won't happen as it is impossible. As much as it sucks I'm forced to tolerate it for the next decade or so.

That doesn't sound well at all. I shouldn't have to "get used to" any transit vehicle, and in fact it won't happen as it is impossible. As much as it sucks I'm forced to tolerate it for the next decade or so.

If you're not able too, you might as well find other ways to commute. Everyone got use to MTA's fleet being mostly RTS.

Edited by DJ MC

If you're not able too, you might as well find other ways to commute. Everyone got use to MTA's fleet being mostly RTS.

The key difference however is that the RTS has a better ride quality by far.

An average Gillig Advantage or Advantage BRT has a lackluster ride quality, as it's chassis and suspension is low grade. As such Gillig uses a larger than usual tire in a poor attempt to compensate for what the suspension is missing, to no avail.

And these are CNG buses I am riding, which only worsen the impact as the weight makes the weight distribution uneven. I could go on, but I'll cease my rant here.

The key difference however is that the RTS has a better ride quality by far.

An average Gillig Advantage or Advantage BRT has a lackluster ride quality, as it's chassis and suspension is low grade. As such Gillig uses a larger than usual tire in a poor attempt to compensate for what the suspension is missing, to no avail.

And these are CNG buses I am riding, which only worsen the impact as the weight makes the weight distribution uneven. I could go on, but I'll cease my rant here.

Comparing a high floor bus to a low floor bus is orange and apples buddy. Especially if the high floor bus is diesel versus the low floor CNGs you have in your area. They both differ in every aspect including performance, ride quality, and build quality. I personally don't know which model of bus rides better, since I don't drive buses or maintain them.

Edited by DJ MC

Comparing a high floor bus to a low floor bus is orange and apples buddy. Especially if the high floor bus is diesel versus the low floor CNGs you have in your area. They both differ in every aspect including performance, ride quality, and build quality. I personally don't know which model of bus rides better, since I don't drive buses or maintain them.

To paraphrase my initial sentiments, I don't have time for this crap, nor do I want to continue to lament on this issue.

The point is my back still hurts like a mofo and nothing changes that.

To paraphrase my initial sentiments, I don't have time for this crap, nor do I want to continue to lament on this issue.

The point is my back still hurts like a mofo and nothing changes that.

Okay, but your last post made it seem like you did. 

Now for my next illusion, I'll need a volunteer.

I'll do it! I always end up doing it.

- Hi.

- I'm Diablo.

What's your name? - Marge.

- Okay, Marge.

And who's that gentleman you're with? That's no gentleman.

That's my husband.

- Wow.

Mom got a laugh.

- I wish she drank every day.

You're buying.

No. Detroit for life, mofo.

That's a Fairbanks Morse engine. Still being built since 1938. Same engine, same reliability for submarines, ships, and even locomotives.

That's a Fairbanks Morse engine. Still being built since 1938. Same engine, same reliability for submarines, ships, and even locomotives.

FM/ALCO 251 F engine

111.jpg

Edited by DJ MC