Underdog competition on track: Williamsburg museum seeks the first-ever Miss G Train

Harry

A Williamsburg museum is hosting the first-ever "Miss G Train" competition next week, looking for the best straphanger to wear a (G) train sash and become the line's unofficial ambassador.

"For me the (G) train is the underdog," said Dave Herman, 33, city fireman and president of the City Reliquary museum, which showcases quirky city relics. "It's like rooting for the Mets when the Yankees keep going back to the World Series."

The pageant will be held at the museum on Metropolitan Ave. next Thursday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brooklyn/2009/11/12/2009-11-12_pageants_on_track_williamsburg_museum_seeks_the_firstever_miss_g_train.html#ixzz0WhcbxfRs

post-1-133288581155_thumb.jpg

A Williamsburg museum is hosting the first-ever "Miss G Train" competition next week, looking for the best straphanger to wear a (G) train sash and become the line's unofficial ambassador.

"For me the (G) train is the underdog," said Dave Herman, 33, city fireman and president of the City Reliquary museum, which showcases quirky city relics. "It's like rooting for the Mets when the Yankees keep going back to the World Series."

The pageant will be held at the museum on Metropolitan Ave. next Thursday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brooklyn/2009/11/12/2009-11-12_pageants_on_track_williamsburg_museum_seeks_the_firstever_miss_g_train.html#ixzz0WhcbxfRs

I'm guessing at least 80% of contestants are chestless transplant hipsters.

I don't care for Miss something Train, the only thing I care is if that ambassador is responsible, intelligent and can be capable of helping people bring their questions, comments, thoughts and stuff to the TA. I could be Mr. (R) Train, without the need of being 'sexy' and women but, having the capabilities mentioned.

Anyways, this is a Museum Stuff, so I would not endorse anyone unless if this is really something that is related to and by the (MTA) and could affect everyday operations.

lol lighten up. This is supposed to be fun too.

Archived