Nostalgia Train

jacsnyy

I think back in 2004 the R1-R9 Holiday Train ran on the (N)(R) between 57th Street and Whitehall on Sundays then was switched to the (V) in 2005 and has run from Queens Plaza to Lower East Side-Second Avenue on Sundays since.

It both cases (Broadway and Sixth Avenue), the R1-R9 Holiday Train serves 34th Street-Herald Square (shopping, PATH) and Rockerfeller Center (Christmas Tree, ice skating).

It will NOT be running this weekend. If you don't believe me, go to 2nd Ave and wait all day on Sunday.

but i heard i guy talk @ transit musuem saying that there going to send these trains out on nov.29.he was also a worker of the transit musuem. he didnt say what line,but thats all he said.

but i heard i guy talk @ transit musuem saying that there going to send these trains out on nov.29.he was also a worker of the transit musuem. he didnt say what line,but thats all he said.

You can wait if you want, but everyone I know has told me it won't run this sunday.

Can someone ask the NYCT Twitter webmaster to confirm this? I'm finding this "speculation" hard to believe.

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=863511

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=863537

Read it and see that, as I said several times, it is not running this weekend. And if that is not enough, wait at 2nd Ave this Sunday for the train to come, you night be there a while.

I wonder if they'll ever consider changing the route of the Arnines. If anything, they could run via Broadway between Whitehall and Queens Plaza via 60th Street.

Agreed, Whitehall is much better than 2nd Av. It's getting boring that it's the same 'V line' route again.
I think the whole purpose is to run it on the IND, whuch is where those cars are from.

If they could even get the B or D types running, then maybe they would use the (W). The elevated portion is where they ran the gate cars during the centennial.

The (E) would be a similar IND line to run them on, but perhaps they want to keep the old cars off of the busy route (except for where they briefly run with it)?

You will just have to wait and see, it's not definite yet.

Yup what INDman said is true, every word of it. We have reliable sources on this info we won't disclose. Now nothing is "final" and set in stone YET and everything is still subject to final approval so realize that things may change but the TENTATIVE PLAN is everything that has been posted here.

And no, there will be absolutely no R9 run this Sunday. If you guys don't believe us, you can send one person to each 42nd Street station in Manhattan and you will all get together for a nice dinner and talk about how you saw no museum trains.

As for the "bonus" just stay tuned is all i am going to say...but if you're holding out hope that they're going to open up the rest of the Atlantic Avenue tunnell and pull out the other 9 R11's, you just might find yourself a little disappointed.

Archived