2L91's Fantasy Map

2Line1291

nyc-subway-map1.jpg?t=1259728055

(A) the same

(:) the same

(C) 168th St to Lefferts Blvd via Eighth Ave Express south of 50th St and Fulton St Express. Late nights its a shuttle from Lefferts to Euclid

(D) extended to White Plains Rd-Gun Hill Rd in the Bronx

(E) extended to 191st St

(F) the same

(G) the same

(J)/(Z) the same

(L) the same

(M) the same

(N) extended to LaGuardia Airport

(R) the same. Runs all times from Forest Hills to Bay Ridge

(T) 125th St to Euclid Ave via 2nd Ave and Fulton St Local. 125th St to Hanover Square late nights.

(V) Forest Hills-71st St to Hanover Square NOW!!! via 2nd Ave and 63rd St Tunnel except late nights when service doesnt run

(W) extended to LaGuardia Airport

(1) the same

(2) the same

(3) Bedford Park Blvd to New Lots except late nights via Lenox-Jerome connection

(4) the same

(5) runs to Brooklyn all times except late nights since the reconstruction of Rogers Junction is completed LOL.... Dyre Ave Shuttle late nights

(6) extended to Bay Plaza

(7) from 11th-34th Ave to Francis Lewis Blvd

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you going to make the C an express from 50th and down? I don't think the track map shows such a thing possible. South of 34th is where it can be possible, but I think local riders needs the C more than the express riders do.

I say, leave Manhattan as is. The rest of Brooklyn-Queens sounds reasonable since the A/C would be sharing the river tunnel and the T connected directly to the local track.*

* I mean there should be a new river tunnel for the T than the T to share tracks with the F to get to Brooklyn. Connect it to Court St [the transit museum] and then run local on the Fulton line.

I was gonna say construct new switches before 50th St but to make my fantasy map more financially friendly the (C) can run as an Eighth Ave Local along with the (E) and the (T) branches off the (F) tracks after Jay St and connects w/ the unused local tracks at Hoyt St like Grand Concourse said so it wouldnt disrupt (A)/© Brooklyn express service.

I feel a lot of rider frustration coming as the TPH drops where four different services are working the switches heavily ((A)(C)(F)(T)). The connection from the Second Avenue line to the Queens Boulevard line will add another service for the (F) to mingle with, reducing its TPH further although people might see it as a good thing since it's a direct trip downtown parallel to the Lexington Avenue line.

It wouldn't have to lower the (F)'s TPH. The (F) runs 15TPH and the (V) runs 10TPH during rush hours. The 63rd St. tunnel should be able to handle 25TPH.

What about at Jay Street? When you make trains switch from one track to the other where there would otherwise be no mingling, you reduce the TPH of both tracks that are involved. Every switch incurs a performance penalty. The longer you keep a train on the same track without intervention from other trains, the closer to the maximum TPH you get.

I understand that routing possibilities are important to get people where they want, but the routings shouldn't be employed when they cause an overall drop in service quality. Just imagine: you have a Manhattan-bound (T) merging into the express tracks south of Hoyt–Schermerhorn Streets. All the (A) and (C) trains will be held until the (T) clears the station. And then it has to merge into the Sixth Avenue line north of Jay Street holding up and (F) trains. Either that, or the (A)/©/(F) holds up the (T).

The (J)(Z) would be the ones to go straight out past the current terminal. If the (E) were extended, it would turn towards Rosedale. The tunnels bult past the tunnel are constructed that way.
I didnt know that until you told me, thanks.

nyc-subway-map1-1.jpg?t=1259816916

REVISED MAP

Changes:

- (E) WTC to Merrick Blvd-Lewis Blvd

- (J)/(Z) Chambers St to Hollis Ave-190th St

- (T) 125th St to Euclid Ave via "new" State St Tunnel

- (T) 125th St to Euclid Ave via "new" State St Tunnel

:) That's sharp turn is going to annoy the daylights out of normal everyday riders, but at the same time I'm sure all the railfans would love to ride the one and only acute angle curve in the system.

That's sharp turn is going to annoy the daylights out of normal everyday riders, but at the same time I'm sure all the railfans would love to ride the one and only acute angle curve in the system.
That turn isnt literally that sharp. That's just givin u a picture of where the (T) run through

:) That's sharp turn is going to annoy the daylights out of normal everyday riders, but at the same time I'm sure all the railfans would love to ride the one and only acute angle curve in the system.

It would also scare the **** out of people walking between cars.

Two things I liked what I did was giving IND Queens riders axcess to the East Side by turning the (V) into a 2nd Ave train and making the (C) be able to run express in Brooklyn and terminate @ Lefferts by having the (T) run Fulton St Local.

This was how the (T) was gonna flow between Jay St and Hoyt St before I revised the map. detail-hoytberg.png

Two things I liked what I did was giving IND Queens riders axcess to the East Side by turning the (V) into a 2nd Ave train and making the (C) be able to run express in Brooklyn and terminate @ Lefferts by having the (T) run Fulton St Local.

This was how the (T) was gonna flow between Jay St and Hoyt St before I revised the map. detail-hoytberg.png

That's almost physically impossible. :eek: Can you imagine how steep the tunnel would have to be to go over the G tracks and then under the Court Street-bound track?

That was apparently not impossible, as it was an idea the (MTA) once had as a Manhattan Bridge alternative. (so 6th ave trains could have direct access to Franklin ave station for the transfer to the Brighton).

It was ruled out as too disruptive to the property above ground.

What do you mean by "longer"?

It wouldn't have been any kind of extension past Franklin; just giving the station access to a 6th Ave. service as an alternative to the bridge. The only extension of the shuttle might have been to Brighton Beach if it was a full shutdown. If it were a permanent closure, then they might increase the track and station capacity.

What's the point? If you're making a new East River tunnel, just connect it to Court St and move the Museum somewhere.

What's the point? If you're making a new East River tunnel, just connect it to Court St and move the Museum somewhere.

(I think) it would be cheaper to just bring the line under the museum or make it go on an S curve onto Livingston St than to move the museum somewhere else.

Which would be cheaper and which one would be more costly......

1) the map above which doesnt require a river tunnel but requires building connection around LES-2nd Ave so the (T) could run on 2nd Ave.

2) build a new Court St station under the New York Transit Museum and a new tunnel across East River

3) relocate the NY Transit Museum, revive the Court St station and a new tunnel across East River..

Which would be cheaper and which one would be more costly......

1) the map above which doesnt require a river tunnel but requires building connection around LES-2nd Ave so the (T) could run on 2nd Ave.

2) build a new Court St station under the New York Transit Museum and a new tunnel across East River

3) relocate the NY Transit Museum, revive the Court St station and a new tunnel across East River..

1) not very costly, but makes delays.

2) very costly

3) a bit less costly, and better. In my fantasy map at http://nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14461, the museum is moved to City Hall (6), it has the platforms cut, and (6)<6>s turn at a new loop from the nearby relay tracks.

Archived