R110 twins

R1Toasty

Ok, quick last minute question. Where is each R110 located and what's the closest I can possible get to one legally? Also, if anyone wants to join me last minute for my journey, feel free to PM me.

I just went today to see both the R110a and b today to see the R110a you take the 2 train to 241 st get off and go to the left and the yard is right next to the mcdonalds there is two 5 car sets one set is on the upper level and the other set is in the back on the lower level but the one on the upper level is more closer to this spot as for the R110b at 207 st i did not see it today all i saw was two 5 car sets of R142 and part of the irt SMEE train unless it was in the Back but to see the 207 yard all you do take the 1 train to ethier 207 st or 215 st hope you have fun!

I just went today to see both the R110a and b today to see the R110a you take the 2 train to 241 st get off and go to the left and the yard is right next to the mcdonalds there is two 5 car sets one set is on the upper level and the other set is in the back on the lower level but the one on the upper level is more closer to this spot as for the R110b at 207 st i did not see it today all i saw was two 5 car sets of R142 and part of the irt SMEE train unless it was in the Back but to see the 207 yard all you do take the 1 train to ethier 207 st or 215 st hope you have fun!

That's cool you got to see them but its way to far for me to see them.

As of June 2007, the R110's in the "Can Do Shop" :P were visible like this from the uptown platform at 215th Street station:

200706140067nw0.jpg

Close-up of R110 no. 3008 (note the car numbers on the car roof!) with work cars 1R720/0R720 and 1R723/0R723 in the back (can anybody specify which work services those cars have been used for?)

200706140068yb9.jpg

View from 215th Street to 207th Street station, the yard facilities on the left side:

200706140070fx1.jpg

The 207th Street Yard as seen from the uptown platform at 207th Street station, some older cars are stored on this side as well (are they used for museum trips sometimes?):

200706140072ee0.jpg

The "Can Do Shop":

200706140060qv9.jpg

Thanks everybody, I really had luck with the third shot! It's definitely rare to have such a beautiful sky w/ clouds as background.

Btw, what is the largest size of pictures I'm allowed to directly post in the forums - 800x600?

Also, that was my first day in NYC and I toured the whole Inwood area. First got to 181st on the IRT, then walked from there to 181st on the IND. Took some shots of the IND 181st and 190th St stations, then rode the A to 207th St and walked to 207th on the IRT again. Took the yard pictures I posted, then ate some fries at the Mc @ Marble Hill station. The weather was really crazy that day, at 181st Street it was 100% sun, later on (207th St) partly cloudy, and when I waited for the downtown 1 at Marble Hill, it was pouring with rain.

Btw, what is the largest size of pictures I'm allowed to directly post in the forums - 800x600?

Basically its any size that you want. The board software automatically resizes the picture so it doesn't throw the width of the board out of wack. To view the full size you would just click the yellow bar on top of the image to get the full preview.

Archived