Businesses: Second Avenue Subway work has caused damage, power loss

Harry

The disappearance of customers was bad enough.

But when the food rotted, the water got rusty and the walls oozed mud, several Upper East Side businesses reached their literal breaking point with the Second Avenue Subway.

“Instead of that chicken cutlet lasting a day or two, you killed it,” said Joe Pecora, owner of Delizia Pizzeria & Restaurant on Second Avenue, who had to throw out food after his power was cut three times. “It’s a big mess.”

The construction work for the train tunnel has led to complaints of busted equipment, flooding and power outages that have led to food spoilage.

Read more: http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/businesses-second-avenue-subway-work-has-caused-damage-power-loss-1.1641978

post-1-133288581225_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581225_thumb.jpg

All necessary evils to get the line built. People reading this rather than complaining should go and support those businesses by choosing to eat there instead of at chains or yuppie hell cafeterias elsewhere in Manhattan, keeping these businesses open.

I read the headline for this earlier... I can understand that merchants are upset, but the neighborhood has been complaining about the lack of subway service for years. This is what they want. The Upper East Side cannot have it both ways: You can't construct a subway without disrupting business.

If you want your businesses to be in the clear, then you have to give up the subway.

If you want your subway to be in the clear, then you have to give up the businesses.

Unfortunately, it's a catch-22, but sometimes, you just can't win.

People are never going to be satisfies, thats life. They want something, but if they dont get it the way they want it, there's gonna be complaining.

I should complain too, about the 67 St platform being closed, and me having to walk 7 blocks in brick cold @ 12:30 at night, but I dont, b/c i know ill be satisfied when the work is done.:cool:

Archived