Hiring freeze on again

Meesh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i didnt think they'd stop hiring essential personnel until it REALLY was the doomsday cuts. otherwise they'd have to pay overtime and would be cutting off their nose to spite their face

Michael Jackson did it........

Good point. But you agree that's something for the government and Transit officials (NOT US) to worry about. Our mission should be to get those two parties to produce a revenue source, period. Using our vote as leverage I belive we can do that. I for one, emailed my State Senator Stewart-Cousins of the 35th Senate District in Yonkers and plan to call her on the phone. Ditto for our Governor.

We are in the same Senate District. I sent her some things in the past, and even met her twice. Once was when she was a County legislator, the second was her running for Senate........

Well if you think writing to your politicians will actually produce the result that you are looking for go right ahead.

Politicians cater only to the special interest groups, the elitists, the people with money and influence. We are invisible to them if you know what I mean.

That is the truth, but we still have to vote, and we really need to get more involved. That means people need to get together in large groups, and go to their offices. One person ain't cuttin it.........

PS Banks are paying record bonuses again...why are our governments that bailed them out bankrupt? Why am I not getting anything from any of this?

People just make angry speeches about it and it keeps the public happy, then they go green light more stuff for the finance legalized crime industry...yet any of the common sense ideas don't go through (like AIG bonuses being taxed at 100%) because the country and the politicians is afraid of offending the bankster class...

That is because to be a good politician, you must know how to tell people what they want to hear, while catering to your interests, which is the corporate interests. Last, of course they don't want to offend those who finance their run for office. They could have made iron clad agreements that the bonuses stop, and if the companies chose to be bailed out by the public, and they started the bonuses again, they would have to repay every dime back to the Gov't. If they decides to go under to keep from repaying, so be it..........

You're all being bent over and you don't even know it, just so some bankster can stick his c*** into anything that resembles money...

So that is why they spend so much money on their wives. They are busy putting their c*** into money, instead of their wives, so they make up for it, by spending lavishly........

Lastly, I didn't know my backside resembled money. That is why they bend me over.........

Ask the (MTA). Local 100 and the arbitrator said the same thing.

yea who may i call for answers instaed of them telling me what i want to hear i should try to get to the bottom of this and try to get a responses from the polititions and tell them don`t tell me what i wanna here don`t lie to me just say it like it is. i`ll say when is the mess gonna stop in it`s tracks

yea who may i call for answers instaed of them telling me what i want to hear i should try to get to the bottom of this and try to get a responses from the polititions and tell them don`t tell me what i wanna here don`t lie to me just say it like it is. i`ll say when is the mess gonna stop in it`s tracks

Igor, they are going to have public hearings with the MTA soon. You are free to attend and give it to them verbally, just don't take off your shoes and throw them at the MTA reps, lol.

Tuesday,Jan 28th at the Brooklyn Marriott 333 Adams St, 6pm-9pm is the only one that I am aware of for the time being.

Roadtimes thinks we(list members in waiting) should stand up and make some noise. In my view I don't know what if any good that will do. I can picture certain MTA workers protesting because they might get laid off...of course I want to get hired sooner rather than later but it's not in my hands...just my opinion though.

Furthermore, transportation is not an abstract concept or a luxury, it's a basic human need. Policitians cannot bring out the smoke and mirrors as they do with other issues when they favor so called special interests.

Transportation is not a NEED, it's a WANT.

Basic human needs are air, water, food, shelter.

Transportation is not a NEED, it's a WANT.

Basic human needs are air, water, food, shelter.

I dont agree. Food and shelter cost money. In order to get money, I need to TRANSPORT myself to work (most people do not live within reasonable walking distance of their job site). In other words, if I can't TRANSPORT myself I wont get food or shelter.

Archived