Hiring freeze on again

Meesh

I'm from exam # 5025 for B/O and my list number been past. I went down to 180 Monday to take my drug test and waiting to do my medical. I called today to see how long I will be waiting for them to call me for my medical and they told me it's a freeze on hiring effective yesterday :)..I read in the past forum there was a freeze last year. Do anyone kno how long these freezes will last. Any kind of information on hiring will be helpful.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, My husband was down at livingston today for medical & was told about the freeze. :) The only thing they said was that the freeze will be longer than 30 days & that they will call him back in when the freeze is over.

I'm from exam # 5025 for B/O and my list number been past. I went down to 180 Monday to take my drug test and waiting to do my medical. I called today to see how long I will be waiting for them to call me for my medical and they told me it's a freeze on hiring effective yesterday :)..I read in the past forum there was a freeze last year. Do anyone kno how long these freezes will last. Any kind of information on hiring will be helpful.

And why do you think there is a freeze?

Why start a class 3 weeks before 30/62 Tier 5 takes effect. You just cost yourself not only seniority but 5 to 7 more years of work

to my knowledge they just called down over 100 people on exam 8006 they are calling more in today so who ever you spoke to they gave an untruthful answer they are hiring.and as for the last post tier 5 the union has to agree on it which will never happen.it will stay at 25 yrs end of story.:P

to my knowledge they just called down over 100 people on exam 8006 they are calling more in today so who ever you spoke to they gave an untruthful answer they are hiring.and as for the last post tier 5 the union has to agree on it which will never happen.it will stay at 25 yrs end of story.:P

my list number on 8006 is 73, when did they call 100 people from 8006?

I called yesterday and spoke to the hiring manager and i called again today and spoke to Ms. Chestnut and they said there is currently a hiring freeze and they dont kno how long it will last. I kno i should be called down before ppl from exam 8006..im from the exam before them

I called yesterday and spoke to the hiring manager and i called again today and spoke to Ms. Chestnut and they said there is currently a hiring freeze and they dont kno how long it will last. I kno i should be called down before ppl from exam 8006..im from the exam before them

Do you still have the phone#? If so let me know!

Ms. Chestnut # is 346*643*8213...she deal with B/O hiring.

That name rings a bell, she has been mentioned before on here. Juanita Chestnut!, speaking of Chestnuts, there is a B/O by the name of Chestnut who has earned $102,957,88 ytd. Don't believe me? look it up here. This could be the number 1 guy in the dept of buses who has 40 yrs of service. Ditja knows who he is.

http://www.seethroughny.net/Payrolls/StatePayroll/tabid/69/Default.aspx?BRANCHID=4

I dont think the freeze is gonna be lifted netime soon. They talkin about eliminating bus and train routes so i kno they dont need more operators and conductors. They rather pay someone over time. Then to hire new ppl at this point in time. Hope I'm wrong but time will tell.

I dont think the freeze is gonna be lifted netime soon. They talkin about eliminating bus and train routes so i kno they dont need more operators and conductors. They rather pay someone over time. Then to hire new ppl at this point in time. Hope I'm wrong but time will tell.

The last freeze lasted around 1 yr. Who knows how long this time around. It does mean the list(8006)will get extended, so those at the back of the list you will get your chance someday.

The story of my life........

That name rings a bell, she has been mentioned before on here. Juanita Chestnut!, speaking of Chestnuts, there is a B/O by the name of Chestnut who has earned $102,957,88 ytd. Don't believe me? look it up here. This could be the number 1 guy in the dept of buses who has 40 yrs of service. Ditja knows who he is.

http://www.seethroughny.net/Payrolls/StatePayroll/tabid/69/Default.aspx?BRANCHID=4

he's the #1 guy in bklyn. possible in the whole bus system, but i don't have the info from OA and SI, queens. haha, it's not him. his run only pays 8 hrs and change.

he's the #1 guy in bklyn. possible in the whole bus system, but i don't have the info from OA and SI, queens. haha, it's not him. his run only pays 8 hrs and change.

It doesn't say what depot he works out of, it just says Brooklyn. All I know is that it's not MTA Bus. I thought there was a cap on OT.

If these bus route cuts go into effect due to the budget deficit would that mean possible layoffs? or would they use B/O's to clean buses and depots?

Hey guys I was getting my car checked out at Pep Boys located in Ridgewood this morning, and spoke to a NYCT B/O operator that was there too waiting. I was asking him about the hiring freeze that was going on. He said that there was a hiring freeze back in 2008, but he did saw a few new drivers at his depot where he works at(Fresh Pound Depot). He said he's not for sure if there is a freeze or not at this time, but to fellow up on it, because they are going to need new drivers real soon. He asked for my list#, and I told him where I was at. He said not to let my hopes down, and that hopefully in the summer I should hear something. He was very nice to me.

Archived