NYC Subway Scavenger Hunt 1/9/2010

I starting a subway scavenger hunt where you must find these certain items on the list like here's are the items you would have to find

an R160B All Siemens set on (Q).

An R42 (J) Train

an R68 2600s series on the (D) At W 23rd Street (Downtown Platform).

an R46 (F) Train at Neptune Avenue.

R62A (7) Train

R32 (A) Train

R160B (E) Train (not R160A-2)

R142A (4) Train

R160A-1 (L) Train.

and more.

This is like an 3 hour event. There will be 3 teams. The Red, Blue and Green teams.

so if anyone's interesting please reply in thread.

Yo Dude, How You Idea Hustle Like That?!?!!!! That was my idea and you didn't even execute it properly!

I wasn't trying to hustle you. I wanted to do my own version of a subway scavenger hunt with Subway cars and lines. After hearing you about doing this I got the idea of doing my own version.

Lets calm down fellas, while it may come off as "stealing" an idea, I don't think that was the OPs intentions.

:mad:**** that, Daniel was on my trip Saturday when I mentioned the idea to the entire group with Details.

He took a PART of my idea and used it as his own. I'm sick and tired of people hustlin' me for my shit, first the MTA with stealing my pictures for their commercial use without my permission, then I got people Ear Hustlin' when I give out information and then be passing it off like they got the goods first hand, and now THIS among other things. Abso-*******-lutely not.

Let's see how nice you feel when something you took a month+ coming up with and planning, just jacked from under you like its the business.

Personally, I don't wanna hear shit because I've been getting jacked for my shit for far too long now.

If he has no copyright on those pictures then they're fair game for anyone's use as much as it hurts to hear. Personally I'd be flattered if the MTA used any of my pictures but that's just me. When you think about it you're photographing what is their property in the first place. They give us permission to photograph the subways, buses and what not.

If he has no copyright on those pictures
He does
...then they're fair game for anyone's use as much as it hurts to hear. Personally I'd be flattered if the MTA used any of my pictures but that's just me. When you think about it you're photographing what is their property in the first place. They give us permission to photograph the subways, buses and what not.

I have to sort of agree with you.

He does

It's one of those grey areas then. If they use his pictures, they have to credit him. But in the same instance if he were to turn around and try to sue for copyright violation, all they have to do is take those rules and regulations (that vast majority of you have to carry around to protect yourselves while photographing) and say "hey wait a sec, if we didn't post this in our rules & regulations, you couldn't take those pictures legally in the first place.

There's no reason to go apeshit (sorry) over this. I'm sorry, there just isn't. Dan, you should have spoken with Vintage before you even posted this (and I'm assuming you didn't based on his reaction here). And Vintage you really should just cool down and deal with this via PM so you don't compromise yourself. Right now you're actin the fool publicly when you can simply pull this kid aside privately, handle the issue, and be in a better position.

If he has no copyright on those pictures then they're fair game for anyone's use as much as it hurts to hear. Personally I'd be flattered if the MTA used any of my pictures but that's just me. When you think about it you're photographing what is their property in the first place. They give us permission to photograph the subways, buses and what not.

You do bring up a very good point. Still, what's his is his. Personally, I'd like to get credit for my work regardless of where it came from.

Yeah except that EVERYTHING that is posted on http://www.ttmg.org is copyright protected. So they were dead wrong. Ya'll need to get all the facts before ya'll start commenting.

And you really need to understand how the MTA functions to understand why I'm really pissed off and why I have a NICE little meeting setup at MTA headquarters tomorrow.

Yeah except that EVERYTHING that is posted on http://www.ttmg.org is copyright protected. So they were dead wrong. Ya'll need to get all the facts before ya'll start commenting.

And you really need to understand how the MTA functions to understand why I'm really pissed off and why I have a NICE little meeting setup at MTA headquarters tomorrow.

How you handle that is none of my concern (all respect due where it fits). That's a totally separate issue to which I have no knowledge and I hope it goes well for ya. However, whatever problems you have with another member on here in regards to personal matters, ideas, whatever should be handled via PM or through the administration.

Being the owner of a site yourself I know you know better than to do this. It's not like Daniel's making money off it so be smart and settle it without the rage.

of course...that's just common courtesy. It's somethin for Trevor to deal with but in reference to this scavenger hunt, Daniel and Trevor need to talk in private.

And I 100% agree with you!

Good luck with the meeting, Mr. Logan. Let us know how it works out.

Archived