graffiti coming back?

trainfan22

Strange my silver/blue R17s haven't been tagged yet, or North Jersey TA has a zero-tolerance policy regarding tagged subway trains. See;

2152701358_855e42a561.jpg?v=0

There's a post on RR.NET with a pic of a tagged MOW R17 model. The membership there is throwing a fit over it.

I've been seeing a lot of top to bottoms on trains lately. It seems to be originating with trains coming out of the Bronx. Trains out of Brooklyn and Queens have been okay from what I've been seeing.

Ya, I remember the R142 that was bombed with graffiti not so long ago. The guys that do the graffiti get into the yards that are in the Bronx more easily then in the other boroughs.

Ya, I remember the R142 that was bombed with graffiti not so long ago. The guys that do the graffiti get into the yards that are in the Bronx more easily then in the other boroughs.

That's where the Eagle Squad is working out of. Hopefully they make a difference. I like to look at the old subway cars fully covered in graffiti but not todays cars.

I have no affinity for the graffiti "artists." They might think they are artists and cool and whatnot, but truth be told, they detract from the artistic feel of the subway, I wish they would stop. Why do the trains have to be tagged? What's the point?

Archived