Railfanner Speaks Out About Photographing Trains On FOX 5 News

Sea Beach

I'm sorry, but I feel that $30,000 for three hours of inconvenience is outrageous. Yes Rtype was due some sort of compensation, but this is ridiculous.

The (L)(1)(Q)(N) will not presume to tell others what to do with their money

but...

The LION would take that sum down to the TRANSIT MUSEUM to pay for car posters promoting a PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST. Maybe set aside $1K of it as a prize.

But then, (L)(1)(Q6)(N)(S) do not have much of a head for high finances, so what would they know anyway.

(R)<Q>(A)<R>

Does this still apply? Because it's dated for 2006.

Yes. It was issued as a result of legal actions since LIRR, MNCR, and SIR do not have specific rules R/T photography. This was circulated to all MTA police. If they were looking at a local Westchester Fuzzy then he may not have seen it.

ROAR

Yes. It was issued as a result of legal actions since LIRR, MNCR, and SIR do not have specific rules R/T photography. This was circulated to all MTA police. If they were looking at a local Westchester Fuzzy then he may not have seen it.

ROAR

Thanks

Reading this reminds me of a particularily funny incident that occured last saturday (2/6)

I was railfanning the (4) and recording, and this middle age guy on his psp was like "you know what you're doing is illegal right? if the cops catch you, they'll arrest you." and i was like " if it was illegal, i wouldn't be doing it"

and then this pair of black kids were like " OHHH !!! PWNED" and another black guy behind me was like " he ain't from here"

and i thought" to a certain extent, that's right. i'm from jersey, but i know the rules and regs."

so yeah

i have the video, but due to me being blocked from youtube for now, i can't upload it until a little later... but look out for the thread "Railfanning 2/6/10 with Ignorant Passengers" in the photo and video section soon.:P

thanks for all the great words guys............

as for the comments section, i'll tell you what, those same people would probably run with their legs between their legs, but would be the same ones bitching and moaning about something........

i'll say 30,000 is more than fair.......in fact there was a case similar to mine where a young man got the same settlement due to being detained for taking pitcures in the subway(a couple of years back)

thanks for all the great words guys............

as for the comments section, i'll tell you what, those same people would probably run with their legs between their legs, but would be the same ones bitching and moaning about something........

i'll say 30,000 is more than fair.......in fact there was a case similar to mine where a young man got the same settlement due to being detained for taking pitcures in the subway(a couple of years back)

Good for you, I cannot stand cops who think that the badge makes them god.

And Good that your job is still secure.

Of course you're going to say that, it's now your money.

Just say it: you were pissed off and you wanted to nail the NYPD and city for every dime possible. Go ahead.

I don't understand why your hating? And he's a fellow mta employee, Gurantee you if it were me i'd be suing for billions. I dont give a Fu*k how or where the money is coming from, thats the way it goes...

I don't understand why your hating? And he's a fellow mta employee, Gurantee you if it were me i'd be suing for billions. I dont give a Fu*k how or where the money is coming from, thats the way it goes...

Because I'm paying back taxes and now I got a letter stating that my property taxes are going up. I'm paying all of this hard earned money out of my paycheck so that it can go to lawsuits? This was not what I wanted to see at the exact moment I was writing out a check.

Because I'm paying back taxes and now I got a letter stating that my property taxes are going up. I'm paying all of this hard earned money out of my paycheck so that it can go to lawsuits? This was not what I wanted to see at the exact moment I was writing out a check.

Don't mean to butt in or anything but if cops desisted from making asinine actions such as something like rtype was involved in then maybe our money wouldn't have gone into his pocket.

Makes you kinda think how far will New York continue to fall into the hole if they let things like this happen...

Of course you're going to say that, it's now your money.

Just say it: you were pissed off and you wanted to nail the NYPD and city for every dime possible. Go ahead.

Well I can't blamer type3995 for this. The NYPD should know photography is legal... And not live in a "9/11 World"

Some play stupid that its not legal.. While others do..

I think justice COULD of taken that money off the NYPD personal instead of taxpayers.. Those cops deserve it more!

You think your the only one who has to shell out half his hard earning paycheck into taxes? If it wasn't him it would be the next guy and it will continue on forever, thats the way the cookie crumbles. I guarentee if you won a settlement you wouldn't be bitching about this.

And another thing, I hope those cops got repremanded in some sort of way or aware that this gentlemen won this lawsuit because like I said before some cops are punks and there real tough guys behind that badge. and some get what they deserve.

And another thing, I hope those cops got repremanded in some sort of way or aware that this gentlemen won this lawsuit because like I said before some cops are punks and there real tough guys behind that badge. and some get what they deserve.

But lawsuits against the city do absolutely nothing to punish or weed out bad cops within the ranks and do everything to punish the taxpayer. The only thing these cops are going to get is a reinstruction of the rule.

Archived