#4242 Before and after

Grand Concourse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for rebumping this thread but 1012 which is in Varsity has only one stripe as well but had 2 before. On the front of every Green Bus Lines RTS there was only one green stripe except for 1014 which had a light and dark green stripe on the front but that bus was an RTS-03 which has been gone since 2000/2001.

Sorry for rebumping this thread but 1012 which is in Varsity has only one stripe as well but had 2 before. On the front of every Green Bus Lines RTS there was only one green stripe except for 1014 which had a light and dark green stripe on the front but that bus was an RTS-03 which has been gone since 2000/2001.

It did? I have a pic of it... thats weird.

1014 was the only RTS from GBL I remember with 2 stripes on the front and the number 1014 had to be written in a white box. like how command writes their numbers. I guess it was Green Lines's mistake as they repainted it from the original RTS-03 paint scheme. It could've been the first bus repainted because it had 2 stripes on the front such as an MCI Classic(The first buses to have the green stripes paint scheme) and it looked weird cause the Green Lines logo text was a bit squashed so I guess any RTS getting painted from then on got only one stripe on the front. Only the MCI Classics and Orion V's got 2 stripes on the front.

• 1 month later...

GBL #245 before having one stripe it had the regular 2 stripes sides and 1 stripe front. Same with 1012. Also, GBL 647 ex-Command 389 had the bottom painted green like how JBI had theirs brown and cTc had their Lightning stripe scheme bottom Red. I can only find a picture of the back right side of 647 on bustalk. I do remember seeing 647 around 1998-1999 and again in 2002. This bus did not survive MTA takeover.

Archived