PLEASE dont put your feet up on an empty seat on a train..

RTOMan

Which is why I avoided the LIRR seats that faced each other. The only seats I sit on are the ones facing behind the back of another seat.

I wouldn't sit on the 3x3 or 2x2s if you gave me free lifetime transportation. That's also where the guy was clipping his toenails...and leaving them on the floor. It was sickening.

Very unsanitary. I esepcially hate the M7's 2 seaters, they are so damn small. I wouldn't have minded if they made just 2x2 seating, so that all 4 seats are wider. And if they still need a 5th seat, make that a small seat attached to one of the 2x2 sides and make it an 'aisle seat'.

Right now with the M1/3s likely all gone [dunno haven't rode the LIRR in a while], the only comfortable seats are the C3 ones.

I personally don't see the need for ticketing people for things such as moving between cars, dumping luggage on the seats, putting your feet up, etc. While I would be more than happy to slap a big fat fine on someone clipping toenails such as in Joe's post or doing offensive body functions because that leaves noxious waste in close proximity to passengers and truly makes the cleaning crew's day, most of the other (MTA) rules are either self-enforcing, victimless when broken, or can be made such at little cost to (MTA). For instance, activities that may pose a risk to you such as crossing between cars can be dealt with by putting a sticker on storm doors stating that by opening this door you officially hold (MTA) clear of any liability for injuries involving crossing between cars. As for feet/luggage on the seat, if it is a problem someone will ask you to stop. This being New York, stupid answers, backtalk, escalation, etc. will probably earn you one or more broken teeth, a broken nose, or if you're really unlucky, something worse. Therefore, I see the whole ticketing situation as merely yet another way for Emperor Bloomberg to raise money. That being said, all that crap is still on the books, so don't get caught doing it and don't sue if you get hurt doing it. As for the kid, his mistake was in backtalking the cop. By getting stupid instead of remaining civil and taking a badge number, he has pretty much ensured that the judge will look at the case in terms of his needing a lesson in respect rather than on the actual text of the rules.

Exactly heres the Idiots quote.....

"They said I had my feet up on the seat, and I'm like, so?" Irvin Khatyman said

Hes is wondering why his dumb self got a ticket no repsect for law enforcement none...

They should have just pulled out their batons, and crack him across the shins. That is what parents use to do if you put your foot up on the couch, table, etc........

Archived