PLEASE dont put your feet up on an empty seat on a train..

RTOMan

Are you sure that putting his feet up at 2 AM counts as "when doing so would interfere with transit operations or the comfort of other customers"?

"Place one's foot on the seat of a subway, bus, or platform bench" is separate from "occupy more than one seat or place bags on an empty seat when doing so would interfere with transit operations or the comfort of other customers".

The usage of a semicolon indicates two clauses that are not joined by a coordinating conjuction.

Are you sure that putting his feet up at 2 AM counts as "when doing so would interfere with transit operations or the comfort of other customers"?

I seen trains packed at 0200 hrs....

1050.7 Disorderly conduct.

No person on or in any facility or conveyance shall:

... 10.(1) occupy more than one seat on a station, platform or conveyance when to do so would interfere or tend to interfere with the operation of the Authority�s transit system or the comfort of other passengers; (2) place his or her foot on a seat on a station, platform or conveyance; (3) lie on the floor, platform, stairway, landing or conveyance; or (4) block free movement on a station, stairway, platform or conveyance

Did you read the whole rule?

"Place one's foot on the seat of a subway, bus, or platform bench" is separate from "occupy more than one seat or place bags on an empty seat when doing so would interfere with transit operations or the comfort of other customers".

The usage of a semicolon indicates two clauses that are not joined by a coordinating conjuction.

In other words he didnt read it correctly...

Read the MTA rules of conducit and tell me where does it say that the rules

are not in effect past 12 midnight.other then that,these rules are in effect 24/7 all day everyday.

Guys, if you see anyone taking more than two seats or have bags or feet on seats or bench, go yell at them "Get the hell out of those seats!" What a bunch of barbarians, morons.

This is a nation where we live in, people go sue for money even though they are wrong, no wonder the government is stripped of their money.

When a woman does it it's sexy (especially if she's wearing boots or leggings).

Not necessarily

When a man does it, however, it's disgusting.

Definitely

No matter if it's sexy or not when the pretty ladies do it they can still get a ticket. So the cop can admire nature's handywork right before saying "here you go miss" and handing the ticket...what? they'd probably sue the city anyway might as well get your money's worth FIRST.

Just my F-ed up 2c...

Keep feet off seats is on every transit/commuter railcar that i've ever seen on the east coast.

People have to sit on the seat, why would you put your disgusting shoes on a place where someone could sit, especially little kids!

- A

People have to sit on the seat, why would you put your disgusting shoes on a place where someone could sit, especially little kids!

This is why I hate sitting down on trains with soft seats. All these mopes out there putting their stank ass shoes on the seats. One time I saw a guy clipping his toenails between Jamaica and NYP. Wood shampoo, where are you?

Its callied raising revenue on the backs of tax payers this is silly. I can understand if it is a full car rush hour and you have your feet up but an empty car at 2am come on.

Rules are rules, regardless of the time of day, or whether the car is empty or not.

Cops do not mind pinching someone if they have to. In a case like this any person who tries to challenge the ticket will be wasting their time AND the city's...

This is why I hate sitting down on trains with soft seats. All these mopes out there putting their stank ass shoes on the seats. One time I saw a guy clipping his toenails between Jamaica and NYP. Wood shampoo, where are you?

Which is why I avoided the LIRR seats that faced each other. The only seats I sit on are the ones facing behind the back of another seat.

Archived