Spring Trainning 2010 Pre Season MLB News

Shortline Bus

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So David Wright remembered how to hit a home run.

Yeah, he bulked up during the off season and cut down on his partying and public appearances. I believe with Bay in the lineup there will be less pressure on him offensively this season.

D Wright averages 40+ doubles a season. He has a lifetime B.A of 309. Even though he had an off year last season he stole 27 bases. He is a big part of the Mets team.

Yeah, he bulked up during the off season and cut down on his partying and public appearances. I believe with Bay in the lineup there will be less pressure on him offensively this season.

D Wright averages 40+ doubles a season. He has a lifetime B.A of 309. Even though he had an off year last season he stole 27 bases. He is a big part of the Mets team.

The Mets offense when Beltran returns imo, is not that bad. It's their starting pitching that will make or break their season. Heaven forbid, if Santana goes down for extended period this year, the Mets will be in last place in improved NL East.

A must watch in baseball history especially for met fans. Game 6 of 1986 Mets-Red Sox and for Met fan too young to watch the game here link. FYI. Dodgers announcer Vin Scully is the 'joe buck' of this era doing play-play when NBC had the national rights to MLB.:( And the curse of the red sox spins it's ugly head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI73VM5WHcI&feature=related

Nel, Forest Glen, Concourse, B35, Locomotion etc. any reactions to Selig interview on link below?

MLB CEO (he really that 'title' imo not 'commissioner)Bud Selig addressed the state of 2010 pre season MLB baseball on the popular Mike Francesa show.

http://www.wfan.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4448387

A must watch in baseball history especially for met fans. Game 6 of 1986 Mets-Red Sox and for Met fan too young to watch the game here link. FYI. Dodgers announcer Vin Scully is the 'joe buck' of this era doing play-play when NBC had the national rights to MLB.:) And the curse of the red sox spins it's ugly head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI73VM5WHcI&feature=related

God Damn! This shit seems 100 years old at this point. This was back when the Mets didnt suck.

Ironically, Mookie Wilson wasn't even that talented. His whole career was defined by that one play. He had 71 career homers.

Actually Mookie was the best 'lead off' hitter in Mets history. One season i think he stole 50-60 bases. He was kind of like Tim Raines w/o the power and excellent defensive player. Mookie was a fan favorite for the Mets as he was one of the handful of players that played/started his carrer around 1980 and stayed w/ club until he traded to Blue Jays in 1989.

On a full and good season at peak of his carrer, Wilson would probably averrage hitting .280-.290, 10 homers, 80 rbi's.

Lenny Dysktra was only on the Mets for couple of seasons before he was sent packing to Phillies around 1989. Dysktra was more of a Rickey Henderson type leadoff hitter but it was later proven he was on the mitchell report of suspected steriod users as well.

Back to Mookie. Yes Forest Glen he is best known for one of the most famous plays in MLB history.

Ironically, Mookie Wilson wasn't even that talented. His whole career was defined by that one play. He had 71 career homers.

Mookie Wilson was one of the most popular Mets players in their history. If you thought Reyes was fast....Mookie would score from second base on a ground out to the infield..he did it several times, more then anybody else.

274 lifetime B.A. He had a short career(12 yrs). His son Preston Wilson is the one who wasn't very talented. He is playing for the Long Island ducks now.

I liked Mookie alot. I met him once at a public apperence at Kings Plaza i think around 1984/85 he signed autographs, cards, etc. Line was very long.

Forest Glen and others, Mookie was a good (not a great player) player a 'gamer.' Lack of better word he was kind of like Paul O' Neil" and Bernie Williams (not as good as them)who got on base and was also underrated clutch player too. When Mets needed a hit, Wilson could provide that. Mookie was also a very good defensive centerfielder as well. That why to this day, Mookie is still one of the most popular players in club history and recently I think(correct me guys if i am wrong)selected to the Mets hall of fame as well.

Back to baseball 2010. Here a Video Preview of new Twins home park "Target Field" made recently by the local NBC-TV station in Minneapolis with their Chief Anchor/Reporter Mike Pomeranz. It looks great but i do agree with Forest Glen, a retractable roof should have been atop on this new buliding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejgH5UNp_E0

Back to baseball 2010. Here a Video Preview of new Twins home park "Target Field" made recently by the local NBC-TV station in Minneapolis with their Chief Anchor/Reporter Mike Pomeranz. It looks great but i do agree with Forest Glen, a retractable roof should have been atop on this new buliding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejgH5UNp_E0

reactions?

couple of days ago Picther Stephen Strasburg made his pro debut in a spring trainning game for the Washington Nationals. Already one of the most hyped pitching prospects in MLB History, the media has put so much attention on him. Guys what you think? Even Katie Couric on her CBS evening News sent a reporter to cover Strasburg start. It's not often a sports story is mentioned on the national news. Here CBS link.

Forget the snow, how about heaters? I wouldn't want to sit in 'artic weather' while I can sit comfortably at home and watch the game on a big screen tv.

Concourse in June-early September Minneapolis has great warm but not hot weather unlike other Midwest cities like St Louis and Chicago where average temps at day is around 80 degrees.

Still i agree if Toronto, Arizona and Milawukee can have sliding roofs why not the Twins?

I think the Vikings will still play there for a while. However, I'm not sure if a game will be moved over to the Dome or not.

Yup they are staying in the Metrodome for little while longer. However, The Vikings are trying to get their own 'new home' as well a new 70,000-plus rectracable roof stadium in the St Paul/Minneapolis area as well. However the Vikings Owner, says if Minnesota does not bulid a new stadium in next 2-3 years he may leave the area.

What about other 'cold weather' cities like Denver and Cleveland w/ MLB teams? They play outdoors as well and yet i dont hear this issue with them as much as the Twins although Minnesota can get snow as late as late April and early as late September as well.

Archived