A few snaps from Breakneck Ridge

Joe

Nice catches!

And um, it doesnt matter how fast the trains go, NEVER enter track areas unless you are authorized to do so, or are evacuating from a train under railroad, fire dept, or police supervision.

- A

Nice catches!

And um, it doesnt matter how fast the trains go, NEVER enter track areas unless you are authorized to do so, or are evacuating from a train under railroad, fire dept, or police supervision.

- A

Breakneck Ridge is a official Metro-North Railroad station/stop. Check your facts before you blast. :P

I plan on visiting Beacon and Poughkeepsie next time I go up!

Upper Hudson Line is cool, even though there aren't any electrics (of course) there are still a good number of diesel MNR runs, plus the Amtrak stuff running through.

Upper Hudson Line is cool, even though there aren't any electrics (of course) there are still a good number of diesel MNR runs, plus the Amtrak stuff running through.

The view just from the pics looks stunning, I'll be traveling there on the Maple Leaf twice this summer! :P

Excellent pics! I love the ones of 6315!

Breakneck Ridge is a official Metro-North Railroad station/stop. Check your facts before you blast. :P

He wasn't really blasting Joe, he was just adding on to what Joe said since he implied he wasn't trespassing...

Thanks Kris. Considering MNR provides a pedestrian bridge from Route 9W to the track, I would hardly consider my standing at the foot of the bridges' staircase "trespassing". My original comment was mostly in light of seeing this image.

wow, that is some pic you have in link. People lack common sense these days.

Nice catches!

- A

Where do you see anything that looks like trespassing super cop?

Really nice work, Joe, lots of drama in those zoom shots. That's one of the best railfanning spots on the Hudson; glad you got up there.

Thanks Fred. It really is beautiful up there. I would love to move to upstate NY...I hope that when I retire in many many years i'll be able to.

Thanks Fred. It really is beautiful up there. I would love to move to upstate NY...I hope that when I retire in many many years i'll be able to.

It looks like pretty good commuting from up there, with train frequency. If I had a job in the city I'd probably look at going up that way.

Archived