MTA Training Buses

sealteam1962

Letter was sent out this week for Bus Operator from Exam # 5025. Commercial License Class B permit with passenger endorsement and no brake restrictions required. Anyone know of the class size and the time length of the training? How to obtain the permit and how difficult is it?

The 5025 list is set to expire on Oct 31,2011 unless it was extended which I am unaware of. I can answer your last question. The CDL B permit requires you to go to the DMV and take 3 written tests,multiple choice type questions. (1)general knowledge (2)air brakes and (3)passenger. It's not that difficult if you study online or read the CDL Manual which you can get for free at any DMV office.

What range is your list number? I wonder how many people are left from the 5025

A September 28, 2010 class is starting for bus operator. What is the time frame for the pschological and physical exam completion and how soon does the training start afterward?

Can someone comment on what percentage pass the bus operator training stage and what is required to pass it?

Does passing the road test through a CDL school automatically put you through MTA training requirements and test?

Is it recommended that you take a CDL class and get the license before you attend the training?

Any CDL driving school recommendation or info?

They call up to 3,978 from a list of 4,886 eligibles from the #5025 list due to expire Oct. 31, 2011.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10443

I went to Northside Driving school in Ridgewood, others on here can point to you where to go for a school in Brooklyn.

No, you still have to pass the MTA road test along with having to pass your CDL DMV road test.

Thanks for the update on the 5025 list, good luck to you.

What's the time frame before being called in for bus training from the first day called in for paperwork?

40 people pass out of 110 seems a pretty tough odd. Do they have a quota on the percentage they need to pass or fail?

Taking a CDL class before your training seems like sound advice since training is only 7 days. What other useful suggestions for not failing out?

A September 28, 2010 class is starting for bus operator. What is the time frame for the pschological and physical exam completion and how soon does the training start afterward?

I think you are talking about something else, not about the actual class for BO

I think ( and i could be wrong ) you are talking about a BOSS test on Sept 28

That is just a stupid waste of time test ;)

If your letter is telling you to come for the BOSS test, that means they will call you for the next step any where from 1 to 1000 days ( boss test does have a expiration day, i just dont remember it off hand)

Here is the tread that goes day by day when the class is formed.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11295

If your letter is telling you to come for the BOSS test, that means they will call you for the next step any where from 1 to 1000 days ( boss test does have a expiration day, i just dont remember it off hand)

The letter mention for pre-interview and laboratory examination including drug and alcohol screening. It could take up to 1000 days after this test and medical test before they call you in for bus training??

They still have 200 bus drivers laid off to rehire, so this hiring was a bit unexpected. What would be the use for them to call people in this early?

I think you are talking about something else, not about the actual class for BO

I think ( and i could be wrong ) you are talking about a BOSS test on Sept 28

That is just a stupid waste of time test ;)

I didn't know the BOSS exam had an expiration date, I figured you only had to take it once and that was it. For those who are going to have to take it twice they will probably compare both to see the differences, oh oh,maybe I am making a big deal out of it, I don't know.

The letter mention for pre-interview and laboratory examination including drug and alcohol screening. It could take up to 1000 days after this test and medical test before they call you in for bus training??

They still have 200 bus drivers laid off to rehire, so this hiring was a bit unexpected. What would be the use for them to call people in this early?

Take it one day at the time , With TA , you never know.

just go in and see where it goes, but dont count on it just yet.

With so many OA employees still out, it would be surprising that they start hiring from the street, but like i sad with TA you never know ;)

Take it one day at the time , With TA , you never know.

just go in and see where it goes, but dont count on it just yet.

With so many OA employees still out, it would be surprising that they start hiring from the street, but like i sad with TA you never know :P

half of the people they call will come up dirty..lol

At the rate that transit is going who knows when there start hiring anyone with all the service cutts, and layoffs are going on....

motorman2085 was right, they are going to hire 125 B/O's from the 5025 list.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/14/2010-09-14_laidoff_drivers_sit_at_home_as_mta_trains_new_hires.html

motorman2085 was right, they are going to hire 125 B/O's from the 5025 list.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/14/2010-09-14_laidoff_drivers_sit_at_home_as_mta_trains_new_hires.html

I'm on the list for exam#8006, and I still have a long way to go if that day ever comes....I already took the BOSS exam in the spring 0f 09....wait and see what happens...

are they bringing back all that were laid off, plus hiring an additional 125? Or just the new 125? wtf??

As for the training, it's like 3 days of paper work, then they assign you to a depot for your 7-day training. Pass that, and road test if necessary, then back to Zerega for like 3 more days to watch videos, little more paperwork, cpr training, get your badges, get assigned to a new depot, etc.. Then it's 3 weeks of line training in your new depot for new hires. roughly.. I was hired Dec.7, 09 and in my depot for line training dec. 24,09. Just to give you an idea.. But I'm sure it's a little different every class depending on how organized they are and how soon they need bodies in a depot.

are they bringing back all that were laid off, plus hiring an additional 125? Or just the new 125? wtf??

As for the training, it's like 3 days of paper work, then they assign you to a depot for your 7-day training. Pass that, and road test if necessary, then back to Zerega for like 3 more days to watch videos, little more paperwork, cpr training, get your badges, get assigned to a new depot, etc.. Then it's 3 weeks of line training in your new depot for new hires. roughly..

Just the new 125.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23570

i just read the article. All I can say is I'm not surprised. I think the layoff was a blessing in disguise. Even though I'm still looking for work, I had a great, stress free summer with my family and look forward to moving on from the MTA & all it's BS.

i just read the article. All I can say is I'm not surprised. I think the layoff was a blessing in disguise. Even though I'm still looking for work, I had a great, stress free summer with my family and look forward to moving on from the MTA & all it's BS.

wow well i deal with access a rides bs but hey i don`t let the bs get to me i just say to dispatch i`m the driver or captain of the ship and i even let the passenger know the same thing. I tell them if ur not happy with access a ride just call the mta i have to consatrate on the road so please don`t yell or scream at me.

wow well i deal with access a rides bs but hey i don`t let the bs get to me i just say to dispatch i`m the driver or captain of the ship and i even let the passenger know the same thing. I tell them if ur not happy with access a ride just call the mta i have to consatrate on the road so please don`t yell or scream at me.

Is that what you really tell them Igor? Just say shut the f*** up and sit down! Going from point A to point B safely is the bottom line. Keyword:Absorb....how many pounds have you gained already?

Can someone comment on what percentage pass the bus operator training stage and what is required to pass it?

Does passing the road test through a CDL school automatically put you through MTA training requirements and test?

Is it recommended that you take a CDL class and get the license before you attend the training?

Any CDL driving school recommendation or info?

They call up to 3,978 from a list of 4,886 eligibles from the #5025 list due to expire Oct. 31, 2011.

I got my CDL @ Ferrari Driving School Inc in Astoria.

Archived