MTA Training Buses

sealteam1962

when my contract ended i chose not to reenlist. i have served my country and wanted to try something else. i have a honorable discharge. can you say the same? go ahead and print my post's if it makes you feel better, its your ink being wasted. you should use it for a resume. i have never seen so many people on the (MTA)s dick like i see here. every day its "what about this test?" "did the list move half a number" yada yada. give it a rest already. there are other jobs out there.
Some people want the job because it has been a life long dream to get behind the wheel of a Bus or the controls of a Train some people take the job for the benefits I must say what you are saying is harsh oneday your going to eat those words

what i say may be harsh but its true. why should i sugar coat anything? this forum is giving a lot of false hope to people. they need to be aware that (MTA) probably wont hire them. these lists are thousands of people long and they weed though them and hire maybe a few hundred. out of those few hundred many dont make it past the one year mark. that and (MTA) is crying broke.

what i say may be harsh but its true. why should i sugar coat anything? this forum is giving a lot of false hope to people. they need to be aware that (MTA) probably wont hire them. these lists are thousands of people long and they weed though them and hire maybe a few hundred. out of those few hundred many dont make it past the one year mark. that and (MTA) is crying broke.

there are some people like me that want to work or enjoy driving i work as a driver for access a ride it`s not easy but i make the best of it. all i can say is if the ta don`t hire me worse comes to worse is i can go and work for a school bus company but weed out people meaning people that have points on there lincese and or accidents and who are drug addicts but i`m all clean but the dispatchers at my job rush me and i tell them no safety 1st case closed i tell them right away i paid 1,500 dollars for my cdL lincese and i`m not rushing they wrote me up don`t remember for what i went right to my union rep and told him like it is that`s all. Good night every one hope for the best in all of us.

there are some people like me that want to work or enjoy driving i work as a driver for access a ride it`s not easy but i make the best of it. all i can say is if the ta don`t hire me worse comes to worse is i can go and work for a school bus company but weed out people meaning people that have points on there lincese and or accidents and who are drug addicts but i`m all clean but the dispatchers at my job rush me and i tell them no safety 1st case closed i tell them right away i paid 1,500 dollars for my cdL lincese and i`m not rushing they wrote me up don`t remember for what i went right to my union rep and told him like it is that`s all. Good night every one hope for the best in all of us.

Do Access-a-Ride dispatchers work for the TA or are they also private like the drivers?

How does this forum give people false hope ? I think it actually open people's eyes, and kills false hope,. This forum has realistic information and people can depend on it.

People know that MTA calls 1000 people but only few get to come back for the training, how people found that out? Well, be reading this forum.

Its true that right now with these cuts and MTA crying broke people from 5025 will probably will not be called because of the list expiration date coming up, and 8006 will wait some time to be called , same goes for the other two lists ( forgot the numbers 2XXX)

Do Access-a-Ride dispatchers work for the TA or are they also private like the drivers?[/QU

same thing as the drivers but we are sub contracted and the inspectors are mta they look at u and every one else to make sure u check every thing so when they ask me weres your id i ask them ok u wanna see my id let me see your id first i don`t play games with the inspectors

Do Access-a-Ride dispatchers work for the TA or are they also private like the drivers?[/QU

same thing as the drivers but we are sub contracted and the inspectors are mta they look at u and every one else to make sure u check every thing so when they ask me weres your id i ask them ok u wanna see my id let me see your id first i don`t play games with the inspectors

You do know that they are Superintendents and not inspectors from the Department of Buses Paratransit Division

Igor with an attitude like that how long do you expect to last working for your paratransit job, let alone the MTA? I can understand you want safety first but it sounds like your very slow at your job and not doing all your work that they ask you to do.So their asking you to step on it. You already got written up and you just started working there? No good pal. Remember there are thousands of people out there waiting for a driving job and they'll throw you right out of your not co-operating and hire the next guy on the list, drivers are a dime a dozen, good ones are hard to find.

And you paid $1500 for a class B license, are you out of your mind? They saw you comming from Russia buddy.

Igor with an attitude like that how long do you expect to last working for your paratransit job, let alone the MTA? I can understand you want safety first but it sounds like your very slow at your job and not doing all your work that they ask you to do.So their asking you to step on it. You already got written up and you just started working there? No good pal. Remember there are thousands of people out there waiting for a driving job and they'll throw you right out of your not co-operating and hire the next guy on the list, drivers are a dime a dozen, good ones are hard to find.

And you paid $1500 for a class B license, are you out of your mind? They saw you comming from Russia buddy.

i have a union there to and i`m not on probation all i do is go to my union rep no but now i learned a few short tricks well the reason y i paid to get that lincese is because i want a job with the mta i wanted to get it on my own so incase the mta did ever call me so i can just drive the mta way and not do both take the dmv road test and the mta road test so all i need to do is take the mta`s road test. Me and my parents moved from russia when i was 3 weeks old

I started working feb 1 2010

Igor you are correct. You take your time with everything. They can’t mess with you if you are doing everything safely. Pre-trip inspection is the most important. I know of a driver taking out a bus with tire damaged cause a yard dispatcher wanted to make service (no late pull out)but did not sign off on the defect(cause it would be his behind if anything happen). Road dispatcher took him out of service and gave him a violation. Thank god that the bus was not is customer service and it hit and killed someone due to tire failure.Second we don’t know who is who out there. We as revenue operators are too make sure people are who the are. I can't comment on Para transit aka Access a ride but in MTA buses depots or any MTA facility you are required to have your ID out and visible. From threads that I have read from Igor he is very motivated about driving for the MTA, since he was unable to obtain a job with MTA he took what was available. With that being said I think he would have paid $3000 because he wanted so dang bad. Igor and all looking to drive or are driving a commercial vehicle, safety first! You are play with lives and that is why we are held to a higher standard

Igor you are correct. You take your time with everything. They can’t mess with you if you are doing everything safely. Pre-trip inspection is the most important. I know of a driver taking out a bus with tire damaged cause a yard dispatcher wanted to make service (no late pull out)but did not sign off on the defect(cause it would be his behind if anything happen). Road dispatcher took him out of service and gave him a violation. Thank god that the bus was not is customer service and it hit and killed someone due to tire failure.Second we don’t know who is who out there. We as revenue operators are too make sure people are who the are. I can't comment on Para transit aka Access a ride but in MTA buses depots or any MTA facility you are required to have your ID out and visible. From threads that I have read from Igor he is very motivated about driving for the MTA, since he was unable to obtain a job with MTA he took what was available. With that being said I think he would have paid $3000 because he wanted so dang bad. Igor and all looking to drive or are driving a commercial vehicle, safety first! You are play with lives and that is why we are held to a higher standard

same as access a ride but the inspectors hang out there when ur pre triping the bus and if they see u miss sumthing on a pre trip they write a fine for the company to pay or on the road if the mta see sumthing wrong with the bus or car they can pull me off the road to if they want and or give a fine but yea i have my id visble all the time and if i show my id wanna see the inspectors id to or the supervisor or what ever u call those guys

No Dan I applaude Igor for toughing it out Access A Ride is something I would tell people to steer clear of I was glad to get the hell out of dodge management in some of these companies have this I could careless type of attitude I remember when I was sent out with no working AC for myself or the passengers on a 95+ degree day called to see if they had replacements and was told to do my best with what I had I pulled that son of a bitch right back in the garage was told that's considerded job abandonment which I could careless and gave them a piece of my mind and scremed at them to boot if that the type of abuse you like well you'll love working at Access A Ride often called Stress A Ride

another time the vehicle almost went up in flames on me in the heights

breathing in dangerous anti freeze fumes I could go on

You do know that they are Superintendents and not inspectors from the Department of Buses Paratransit Division

Thank you for clarifying.

• 1 month later...
The MTA gives Train Operators 45 minutes to inspect and prepare a 600 foot train for service.

What do the B/O's have to do to prepare a bus for service and how long does it take?

(A)ndrew they give us 10 minutes to Pre-Trip but I'll be honest ,The buses they give us are something else and If you have A prob in the Yard then that will make you late for service to the first stop .

I have to lol at how they pull out buses from the ©emetary yard and they see if the Op will find the defect ain't that sad

I use to have 10 minutes from my report to the first stop..(see the dispatcher to get a bus, pre-trip it, and get to the stand...) With that said, I never pulled out on time. I use to get to the dispatcher 10 minutes B4 my report to give myself an extra 10 minutes to try an pull out on time.. 9 times out of 10 they didn't have buses so I wound up waiting and pulling out late anyway.. Not my problem. They should allot more time.

"And you paid $1500 for a class B license, are you out of your mind? They saw you comming from Russia buddy."

Wow, that is a lot. I thought I paid a lot for my CDL B,($800.00)(10 1hr lessons)I took the road test twice.

I think Igor failed the CDL road test a few times,not sure if it was that or for his regular drivers license, But for $1,500 you can get a CDL A. The driving school that Igor went to must have had a fast talking salesman.:)

"And you paid $1500 for a class B license, are you out of your mind? They saw you comming from Russia buddy."

Wow, that is a lot. I thought I paid a lot for my CDL B,($800.00)(10 1hr lessons)I took the road test twice.

I think Igor failed the CDL road test a few times,not sure if it was that or for his regular drivers license, But for $1,500 you can get a CDL A. The driving school that Igor went to must have had a fast talking salesman.^_^

The cdl when i got it i passed it on the 1st shot the regular lincese i failed once on it. the driving school is called AAAA driving school on staten island.

who ever said i`m out of my mind 1st of all i paid that much because i know that lincese will make me money and it did

Dan said that, how many lessons did you take before you took the cdl road test Igor? You really don't need the full package of driving lessons on school bus,

They(instructors)will go over with you what you will do on the road test.

You can do better then access a ride once you have some CDL driving experience under your belt.

I think Igor failed the CDL road test a few times,not sure if it was that or for his regular drivers license, But for $1,500 you can get a CDL A. The driving school that Igor went to must have had a fast talking salesman.^_^

Man I paid 600 at Ferr and I only had 3 lessons and 1 road test and I got 100 on it but what was crazy was my road test instruct he was A mean SOB he was failing peeps left and right and I was like damn this guy is something but I kept calm and did what I had to do but 1500 they got you on that buddy boy

igor you sure you didn't do it twice

Man I paid 600 at Ferr and I only had 3 lessons and 1 road test and I got 100 on it but what was crazy was my road test instruct he was A mean SOB he was failing peeps left and right and I was like damn this guy is something but I kept calm and did what I had to do but 1500 they got you on that buddy boy

igor you sure you didn't do it twice

Was the road test inspector a guy with a goatee and sunglasses? aka known as the "terminator." He failed

me in Maspeth in record time for failing to yield to traffic after stopping at an abandoned railroad crossing....:eek:

Archived