MTA Training Buses

sealteam1962

today i went to spring creek mall off the belt parkway there was 4 buses with students training there.dont know which class if anyone knows anything please post because i called zerega they are not letting us know only told when its time you will be called so i got no answer.(MTA):(

today i went to spring creek mall off the belt parkway there was 4 buses with students training there.dont know which class if anyone knows anything please post because i called zerega they are not letting us know only told when its time you will be called so i got no answer.(MTA):(

MTA is something, isn't it? Doing training (last week an operator was doing line training on the Bx3), but suppose to be laying off people (especially clerks and B/O's). Doesn't make any sense, but it's TA. Welcome to our world..........

they dont want you to know they want to catch you when you least expect it they been hiring all along.even when they say there is a hiring freeze but at least 8006 is under way i wish someone with a low list number will let us know there list number and how many in this class that tape recording on list status on dcas page is never up to date like every 90 days they update the info by the time it says how many were hired hopefully we will know where we stand :tup:

I am 100 % sure that was not students.

That was buses ( NON RTS ) with drivers training for their 19A ( driver qualification have to redo it every 2 years around your b-day)

I was there in January to drive around and listen to some lecture

8 hours

it was students i watched them backing up blowing the horn and doing brake test what i should have done is ask what list number they were mistake on my part

I also went to SC to Recert.19(A) and like (Z)arega ,They go in groups but I liked (T)raining at (B)aisly .

I am 100 % sure that was not students.

That was buses ( NON RTS ) with drivers training for their 19A ( driver qualification have to redo it every 2 years around your b-day)

I was there in January to drive around and listen to some lecture

8 hours

I thought the 19A was done at Zerega, anyway thanks for the information. For the record the 8006 list is NOT under way.

Yes during 19A doing a back up must be done according to the rules with going out checking and blowing the horn. Doing full brake test was done also at 19A

It was 19A training

Zarega and Spring creek are both training facilities for 19A

i could be wrong but if they were bus drivers getting 19 a recertification then the one that was backing the bus should go to driving school and locomotion 69 how do you know 8006 is not underway just curious where you got this info i swear they were students

Well like I said, I saw a B/O training on the Bx3, with a driver who had trained me on the Bx13 line, when I started in 2006. So apparently they are still hiring, but from what list is the question........

As for that 19A certification, it is just like us. Alot of T/O's don't get 100% on their signal test when they have to go back for that quiz again (every 2 years I believe). Alot of B/O's don't drive like they did during qualification. B/O's don't back up buses very often, unless they are shifting. Most forget the rules. But then again if we all didn't forget some things, we wouldn't need supervisors, as there would be no need for them........

i could be wrong but if they were bus drivers getting 19 a recertification then the one that was backing the bus should go to driving school and locomotion 69 how do you know 8006 is not underway just curious where you got this info i swear they were students
Did they have uniforms and a badge if not they are students if so they are not students

Did they have uniforms and a badge if not they are students if so they are not students

they did not have uniforms on thats why i say they were students.but some people think other wise im just giving a heads up.but im getting tired of posting here only to be put down on my comments.so i leave it to the ones who know it all to go figure goodnight....:confused:

they did not have uniforms on thats why i say they were students.but some people think other wise im just giving a heads up.but im getting tired of posting here only to be put down on my comments.so i leave it to the ones who know it all to go figure goodnight....:confused:

i think your right there was a bus parked in flatbush depot that had a sign on the windshield saying training bus. i noticed it when i pulled in at 10pm. so they must still be hiring.

Ok so u are right no uniforms they are students for 19A you are required to report in full uniform

low 2 digit # on 8006....sorry...no news yet...had called DCAS today and was told last # appointed from 5025 ( list b4 8006) was 3826 and they have not finished calling from that list yet....i would say...8006 comrades .... don't get your hopes up..no yet..i don't think we will start hearing from them until at least this Fall but most likely next year....unless....MTA decides to do the right thing and mass-hire as it should...had to wait 55 min for bus this morning and 45 yesterday...2 B/O called in sick and there is no replacements...so therefore no buses...nice...but let's just pay some more money...and according to the news few days ago...there aren't going to be any layoffs...

low 2 digit # on 8006....sorry...no news yet...had called DCAS today and was told last # appointed from 5025 ( list b4 8006) was 3826 and they have not finished calling from that list yet....i would say...8006 comrades .... don't get your hopes up..no yet..i don't think we will start hearing from them until at least this Fall but most likely next year....unless....MTA decides to do the right thing and mass-hire as it should...had to wait 55 min for bus this morning and 45 yesterday...2 B/O called in sick and there is no replacements...so therefore no buses...nice...but let's just pay some more money...and according to the news few days ago...there aren't going to be any layoffs...

i called 180 livingston today and i asked about exam 2801 for mabstoa (the list before 2901 im on 2901) and she said there up to 1783?????? in late febuary there were up to 1700... so they are calling... so slick...

• 2 months later...

i drive past spring creek everyday i been seeing lots of training buses all month.its 19a its students so they have classes that have been going on even with this so called hiring freeze and layoffs .dont have a clue what list they are but i hope this brings a smile to peoples faces that are waiting itsnot all doom and gloom:):P next week ill stop and ask to keep everyone updated.

i drive past spring creek everyday i been seeing lots of training buses all month.its 19a its students so they have classes that have been going on even with this so called hiring freeze and layoffs .dont have a clue what list they are but i hope this brings a smile to peoples faces that are waiting itsnot all doom and gloom:)B) next week ill stop and ask to keep everyone updated.

there 19a cert....there not hiring i was there 2 weeks ago ,and talk to a dispatcher...

i drive past spring creek everyday i been seeing lots of training buses all month.its 19a its students so they have classes that have been going on even with this so called hiring freeze and layoffs .dont have a clue what list they are but i hope this brings a smile to peoples faces that are waiting itsnot all doom and gloom:):) next week ill stop and ask to keep everyone updated.

just keep holding your breath and clicking your heals. people on this forum are so thirsty for a job here, its like you have nothing else going on in your life. when and if they call you then be happy. untill then forget about it and live your life. it makes no sense to get crazy about a list that can take years.

i may sound harsh but thats the way (MTA) is. when i took the test, i took it and forgot about it. 3 years later when they called me i was surprised because i did not remember taking the test.

just keep holding your breath and clicking your heals. people on this forum are so thirsty for a job here, its like you have nothing else going on in your life. when and if they call you then be happy. untill then forget about it and live your life. it makes no sense to get crazy about a list that can take years.

i may sound harsh but thats the way (MTA) is. when i took the test, i took it and forgot about it. 3 years later when they called me i was surprised because i did not remember taking the test.

Listen go ahead and kick everybody who is waiting on a list for the MTA, whatever makes you feel superior. Some of you MTA workers would be N O T H I N G without your job.

You don't know Sealteam or anybody else who is patiently waiting, who are you to say that we have nothing going on? Why did you leave the service? or did you get discharged? Everybody has different circumstances as to how they were raised,etc. Life isn't easy, nothing comes easy,you have to fight every day just to stay alive.

To all those on the 8006 list,print out what he posted a few days ago,save it in a folder,whenever you feel you need motivation open it and read it. I have several pages of print outs from certain posts on here about stuff that can motivate me.

CDI is correct, for some of us getting the job will never materialize, there are no guarantees in life. You can make a great effort but still come up short in the end. All we want is a chance, that is all, nothing wrong with that.:mad:

Listen go ahead and kick everybody who is waiting on a list for the MTA, whatever makes you feel superior. Some of you MTA workers would be N O T H I N G without your job.

You don't know Sealteam or anybody else who is patiently waiting, who are you to say that we have nothing going on? Why did you leave the service? or did you get discharged? Everybody has different circumstances as to how they were raised,etc. Life isn't easy, nothing comes easy,you have to fight every day just to stay alive.

To all those on the 8006 list,print out what he posted a few days ago,save it in a folder,whenever you feel you need motivation open it and read it. I have several pages of print outs from certain posts on here about stuff that can motivate me.

CDI is correct, for some of us getting the job will never materialize, there are no guarantees in life. You can make a great effort but still come up short in the end. All we want is a chance, that is all, nothing wrong with that.:mad:

when my contract ended i chose not to reenlist. i have served my country and wanted to try something else. i have a honorable discharge. can you say the same? go ahead and print my post's if it makes you feel better, its your ink being wasted. you should use it for a resume. i have never seen so many people on the (MTA)s dick like i see here. every day its "what about this test?" "did the list move half a number" yada yada. give it a rest already. there are other jobs out there.

Archived