Is this possible?

4 Train

On Saint Val day, I was waiting on the Hoyt-Schermerhorn, Queens bound (A) and© platform. I happened to hear a train coming and I saw a R38 pulling into the Manhattan bound side. Interested I kept on looking and notice at the last four cars was a consist of R32. I can tell by the grills on the side, and it was signed on as the(A). I know I wasn't dreaming but can this happen, It really looked weird to me.

May I ask why is this is happening? I mean what is the cause?

Probaly because pikin/207 st yard masters get bored.And like mixing up the cars.Or maybe they might be spare cars that make up an mixed R32/38 set.

But that just a guess.Im not really sure why they do that.

You've seen a MIXED R32/R38 (B)ravo? R32 (:rolleyes: yes, but I doubt an R38. If you caught an R38, that was an extremely, and I emphasize the word 'extremely' rare sighting.

No i cought an mixed R40M/R42.Ive never seen an post GOH R38 on the (B).But i have seen the R32 (B) in like late 2006 early 2007.

You've seen a MIXED R32/R38 (B)ravo? R32 (:rolleyes: yes, but I doubt an R38. If you caught an R38, that was an extremely, and I emphasize the word 'extremely' rare sighting.

I thought they ran an R38 (B) when they replaced the switches at the WTC station and had to suspend the (C) a while ago.

No i cought an mixed R40M/R42.Ive never seen an post GOH R38 on the (:rolleyes:.But i have seen the R32 (B) in like late 2006 early 2007.

Ahh ok. I was going to say, an R38 (B)ravo would be cool to see.

I thought they ran an R38 (B) when they replaced the switches at the WTC station and had to suspend the (C) a while ago.

Man, that was back in what, 1998 or 1999? :confused:

Brighton Local: I think Ken is talking about when there were R32s and R38s on the V, not the B.

No, I was talking about when the WTC Station had the switches replaced and the (E) had to go to Euclid while the (C) was suspended. I saw a pic of an R38 (:rolleyes: during that project on one of the many incarnations of TTMG over the years.

i remember that R32 B train, totally got me by surprise 100%!

i was waiting at Grand Street, then i hear a train coming in, and i was like hmm this sounds different, so i wait a bit more, and i see a R32 coming in, so i was like wow, not in service! but then i see all the signs are set to "B" and the doors open and there are people inside, and then i was like WTF? w/e and i got on lol

that very same day, i also got the R32 R train, and also i was on a R32 E train and my entire commute was R32! :rolleyes:

i was waiting at Grand Street, then i hear a train coming in, and i was like hmm this sounds different, so i wait a bit more, and i see a R32 coming in, so i was like wow, not in service! but then i see all the signs are set to "B" and the doors open and there are people inside, and then i was like WTF? w/e and i got on lol

that very same day, i also got the R32 R train, and also i was on a R32 E train and my entire commute was R32! :rolleyes:

That had to be your luckiest day

it was! wish i had my camera on me too!

the unusual things ALWAYS pop up when i DON'T have my camera on me.

my first ride on a 160, i didn't have my camera on me. the time i saw the R62A with the EXP/LCL signs didn't have my camera on me (and i never saw it again). the time when i was waiting for the train at 71st continental, and a garbage train came in, stopped, and while there was this other guy with his cell phone snapping away, i was standing like a little nut just staring at the train, and hating myself for not bringing my camera lmao

that very same day, i also got the R32 R train, and also i was on a R32 E train and my entire commute was R32! B)

Are you talking about the R32 (B) Train, that was running last year (2007), between January and June? OR back in 1998/1999 when the World Trade Center Switches were being replaced?

Are you talking about the R32 (B) Train, that was running last year (2007), between January and June? OR back in 1998/1999 when the World Trade Center Switches were being replaced?

the one last year. caught it in february approximately one year ago (i can't remember the exact date, but i know it was sometime around my birthday, must have been the MTA's little birthday present for me lol)

the one last year. caught it in february approximately one year ago (i can't remember the exact date, but i know it was sometime around my birthday, must have been the MTA's little birthday present for me lol)

Oh ok. we were talking about the R32 or the 'R38' (B) Back in 1998 or 1999.

the time i saw the R62A with the EXP/LCL signs didn't have my camera on me (and i never saw it again).

I see it almost every day so I might be able to give you a FEW pointers. Try and railfan during rush hour, you're most likely to get it then. The lead car is 1736, and the consist goes something like 1736-1737-1738-1739-1740-2150-2152-2154-2153-2155-2156.

I see it almost every day so I might be able to give you a FEW pointers. Try and railfan during rush hour, you're most likely to get it then. The lead car is 1736, and the consist goes something like 1736-1737-1738-1739-1740-2150-2152-2154-2153-2155-2156.

Your short one car.....

Archived