LTD Pelham Bay Park-bound (6) Service to/From Parkchester

FamousNYLover

I am digesting this info.

So on Weekdays from 6:30-10:30am:

(6) to Parkchester terminates at St Lawrence Avenue.

(6) to Pelham Bay Park bypass Parkchester.

10:30am-3pm

Some (6) will terminate at 3 Avenue/138 Street.

Pelham Bay Park (6) will make all stops except Parkchester.

3-9pm

(6) to Parkchester will terminate at St Lawrence Avenue. At Hunts Point Avenue, transfer from (6) to <6> Express.

<6> to Pelham Bay Park will serve Parkchester on the Manhattan bound side.

I hope I get this right.

There are new announcement for the (6) regarding the change at Parkchester. "Charlie" is saying that if anyone wants to get to Parkchester going uptown, they need to stay on the (6) to Castle Hill Ave and take a Manhattan bound train.

I think they also updated the announcements for the changes at Morrison-Soundview Ave and the Whitlock Ave stations.

Im confused, does this mean all E177th Street bound (6) local during Midday ends at Mott haven/3rd or just some? So this increases the headways of the Pelham Local and keeps the <6> the same?

This is too confusing! Even tho im not a Pelham Rider much.

And i saw this flyer last week at Cypress anyways

As for Pelham Bay riders some will read this and understand, some will read and be completely lost, some won't even look at it till they see this G/O happening. PLAN AHEAD Damn it!!!

There are new announcement for the (6) regarding the change at Parkchester. "Charlie" is saying that if anyone wants to get to Parkchester going uptown, they need to stay on the (6) to Castle Hill Ave and take a Manhattan bound train.

I think they also updated the announcements for the changes at Morrison-Soundview Ave and the Whitlock Ave stations.

Do you or anyone else have a recording of this announcement?

Im confused, does this mean all E177th Street bound (6) local during Midday ends at Mott haven/3rd or just some? So this increases the headways of the Pelham Local and keeps the <6> the same?

This is too confusing! Even tho im not a Pelham Rider much.

And i saw this flyer last week at Cypress anyways

As for Pelham Bay riders some will read this and understand, some will read and be completely lost, some won't even look at it till they see this G/O happening. PLAN AHEAD Damn it!!!

I think that all of the trains that would be going to Parkchester are ending at 3rd Ave-138th St in the middle track and if you have to go further uptown, transfer to a Pelham-Bay Park bound (6) train and it will take you futher uptown BUT the PBP (6) will be bypassing Parkchester middays. Plus all midday uptown (6)'s to PBP are running local, no express service until rush hour. The only time uptown (6) trains will stop at Parkchester is durning evening rush hour on the <6>. I don't know if headways will drop or increase but it will be interesting to see what happens this week. I hope this helps and if anyone sees that this info is off, please correct me. Thanks ;)

The first day of this change, the (6) will be chaos.

So far, nobody has given me a legitimate reason why not to just extend all Parkchester trains to Westchester Square.

They can't relay, that's why. There is no switch for relay north of Westchester Square. Only switch is to and through the yard, and they don't want to do that........

Archived