Bus Operator Edwin Thomas

vera

is there any updates on the killer of busdriver edwin thomas? is his trial comming up?they should name the Flatbush Depot after him.(F)(G)(V)

the killer got released on a technicality. they said because edwin got off the bus the killer was acting in self defense so they gave him a free metrocard and put him on medication. theres a plaque in the depot honoring him in the swing room.

Why did they give him a MetroCard? Was it some kind of lifelong pass so he wouldn't have to argue over rides transfers again? Otherwise, what does a MetroCard do for them? Once it expires or the rides run out, he could do the same thing again.

Just a question about routes with high incidences of farebeaters: Do they also count the numbers as a percentage of the total riders? For example, 6% of riders on the B46 farebeat as opposed to 10% on some other route, or do they only say: the B46 has 3,000 farebeaters a day. Obviously routes with more service and longer routes get more farebeaters.

the killer got released on a technicality. they said because edwin got off the bus the killer was acting in self defense so they gave him a free metrocard and put him on medication. theres a plaque in the depot honoring him in the swing room.

That is just stupid. The guy should be locked up forever. You don't let nutcases back on the streets. He might kill again. And only 5180 has the plexiglass partitions.

I like it! Petition time?

A token clerk first thought of renaming the depot right after the killing. She made some initial inquiries to get the ball rolling, but I never heard whatever happened with it. I know she contacted the union. There is a precedent for this type of thing. A tower in Coney Island was named for a trackworker. I think it is a good idea, so his memory lives on for doing his job. No different than a police officer killed in the line of duty.

That is just stupid. The guy should be locked up forever. You don't let nutcases back on the streets. He might kill again. And only 5180 has the plexiglass partitions.

theres two more buses that have it 5046 and some other one that i just cant remember right now but i think its 3 in total at the depot right now. I will check the yard dispatcher office for the exact numbers on thursday

Or Jackie Gleason?

Jackie Gleason was honored because of the Ralph Kramden character he played for such a long time on the Honeymooners. I don't recall any other TV show where the main character was a bus driver. He prtrayed the hard working underdog everyone was always rooting for, although there weren't that many episodes about his job, although there were a few. I don't even recall him ever driving a bus in any episode, though he was shown numerous times at the depot and I think once on the bus.

Casey Stengel, just because Corona Depot was located near Shea Stadium. Then of course there is Mother Hale, and Michael Quill.

Jackie Gleason was honored because of the Ralph Kramden character he played for such a long time on the Honeymooners. I don't recall any other TV show where the main character was a bus driver. He prtrayed the hard working underdog everyone was always rooting for, although there weren't that many episodes about his job, although there were a few. I don't even recall him ever driving a bus in any episode, though he was shown numerous times at the depot and I think once on the bus.

Casey Stengel, just because Corona Depot was located near Shea Stadium. Then of course there is Mother Hale, and Michael Quill.

MJQ was a union leader (strike:tdown:).

Archived