Amsterdam Depot to close on June 27

MTV Operator

Not really. Rumor has it (AND MORE THAN LIKELY THIS COULD BE A FACT), most of the Hybrids at Amsterdam are being moved to Manhattanville. Making Manhattanville damn near ALL hybrid. Those 7 RTS buses will be moved OR scrapped.

I heard those 7 buses would be coming over to MJQ, but I dont know how much true there is to that.

I dont see anything wrong with that, when the service cuts come, Quill would need extra buses when they receive the 96, the 106 and the 104.

True, but Quill is also getting rid of the M6, M27 and M30 so hopefully they don't need lots of buses.

I dont see anything wrong with that, when the service cuts come, Quill would need extra buses when they receive the 96, the 106 and the 104.

The M106 interlines with the M96 so no extra buses are required for that route.(1)(A)(C)

MTV: M1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11 and 60

MJQ: M8, 9, 14, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 34, 42, 50, 57, 96, 98, 104, and 106

Routes in red are the routes that supposedly are heading from MTV to MJQ.

I'm confused as to why the routes in red would not be at MV. It's much closer than MJQ.

Is there any reason the M96/M106 aren't based out of 100th St. depot instead? Is there not enough space to store those buses AND the express buses during middays? The M96 is literally 4 short blocks from the depot at Park Ave.

What if you moved the 40 foot buses the M96 needs for service over to 100th St.? The artics can stay on the current routes 100th St. has.

100St was built specificly for artics, so i'm pretty sure that is how it will remain.

That would be shameful if that happens, but this is the (MTA), they don't know what shame is. I would truly hate that if this happens but I am ready for it if it does. :tdown:

From what I was told, the remaining RTS' will likely end up at MTAB after they are rotated out of Manhattan. And yes, by the end of the summer, you can count on MV being 100% hybrid! Maybe even sooner!

I'm confused as to why the routes in red would not be at MV. It's much closer than MJQ.

Exactly. It would make sense to move the M96/106 to 126 Street and move the M66/72 to MJQ, but thats the (MTA). The M104 I can sort of see as they might (Idk how this would work) interline with the M16 or the M42.

I'm not thinking about extra service on the M96 or M104, I'm thinking about how I won't be riding RTS's on the M2, M3 or M4 if they move the buses. The idea of not seeing an RTS on along 5th Ave or Madison on the Upper East Side pisses me off. I know buses are needed for where the service is but I knowing that I may not see, let alone ride an RTS along these parts bugs me. I will get over it if it happens but it will suck, pure and simple.

*I know that the M96/106 will still have RTS's but I've always been a fan of Manhattanville's RTS's from when it re-opened in the early 90's.

From what I was told, the remaining RTS' will likely end up at MTAB after they are rotated out of Manhattan. And yes, by the end of the summer, you can count on MV being 100% hybrid! Maybe even sooner!

F*cking disgusting right there.

I'm not thinking about extra service on the M96 or M104, I'm thinking about how I won't be riding RTS's on the M2, M3 or M4 if they move the buses. The idea of not seeing an RTS on along 5th Ave or Madison on the Upper East Side pisses me off. I know buses are needed for where the service is but I knowing that I may not see, let alone ride an RTS along these parts bugs me. I will get over it if it happens but it will suck, pure and simple.

*I know that the M96/106 will still have RTS's but I've always been a fan of Manhattanville's RTS's from when it re-opened in the early 90's.

What are you going to do in 5-6 years when there are no more RTS' at all! I think that's when I will retire from fanning!

What are you going to do in 5-6 years when there are no more RTS' at all! I think that's when I will retire from fanning!

Like I said in my previous post, I will get over it. I don't hate all the new stuff. The NG's are alright and I love the Nova LFSA so as long as we get something like the Nova's (pray that they will still be worth a damn in 5 years), I'm sure I'll keep on fanning buses 5-6 years from now. The RTS is a major part of my childhood and to see it slowly go away is saddening to me.

Like I said in my previous post, I will get over it. I don't hate all the new stuff. The NG's are alright and I love the Nova LFSA so as long as we get something like the Nova's (pray that they will still be worth a damn in 5 years), I'm sure I'll keep on fanning buses 5-6 years from now. The RTS is a major part of my childhood and to see it slowly go away is saddening to me.

Cross your fingers for RTS low-floor hybrids!!! Hopefully there will be a new demo delivered to the TA in late 2011, early 2012. We need about 1000 to replace the Nova's. Of course if the TA gets some, they gotta go to ENY first!!

I think its time for the rts to go. From a b/o's point of view there's no leg room on thr rts.the steering wheel is way to close to you.the wheelchair lift is an absolute pain in the ass, where the hybrid makes picking up a w/c so much easier.the inside center mirror is a joke .that mirror is used so the b/o can see out the right side windows of the bus .with the rts you can't see as much as if it had hybrid mirrors. Most b/o will say they prefer a hybrid anyday and I'm one of them,there so old that the destination sign on the front top of the bus isn't visable or has burnt out.whenever I pulll in for the night and I've had an rts my legs feel like jello

The M106 interlines with the M96 so no extra buses are required for that route.(1)(A)(C)

But the M104 has a lot of runs, I'm not sure if its going to be interlined with the M42, it can't interline with the M16

Most trips on the 104 out of quill now include an interlined trip on the m20,the 104 will get relieaved at 42 and 7th ave a 5 block trip from quill.quill now has almost all the crosstown lines. I love crosstown routes they are so easy to work most trips are 20 to 25 min.

As long as some OG Orion VII's go to MJQ, Im fine with that, I dissagree with the M1 being cut, Im pissed off,

As for the RTS part, keep them at MTV and send the Older OG's to MTA bus (Basiley Park and College Point), Im sick of looking at how LGA is ******* up their OG's, I don't care about NG's because they suck. or if they do send the RTS to MTA bus, give them back to Basiley Park or better yet College Point.

F*cking disgusting right there.

lol

As long as some OG Orion VII's go to MJQ, Im fine with that, I dissagree with the M1 being cut, Im pissed off,

As for the RTS part, keep them at MTV and send the Older OG's to MTA bus (Basiley Park and College Point), Im sick of looking at how LGA is ******* up their OG's, I don't care about NG's because they suck. or if they do send the RTS to MTA bus, give them back to Basiley Park or better yet College Point.

E-mail the MTA and tell them about it...right now you're only foaming.

I think its time for the rts to go. From a b/o's point of view there's no leg room on thr rts.the steering wheel is way to close to you.the wheelchair lift is an absolute pain in the ass, where the hybrid makes picking up a w/c so much easier.the inside center mirror is a joke .that mirror is used so the b/o can see out the right side windows of the bus .with the rts you can't see as much as if it had hybrid mirrors. Most b/o will say they prefer a hybrid anyday and I'm one of them,there so old that the destination sign on the front top of the bus isn't visable or has burnt out.whenever I pulll in for the night and I've had an rts my legs feel like jello

Question for you, with Manhattanville having the O7 OG's & NG's, which of the 2 hybrids do more bus drivers prefer driving? Is there much difference to you with both of them?

lol

E-mail the MTA and tell them about it...right now you're only foaming.

Its a diffrence betweem foaming and make a seggestion, I was making a seggestion, so quit the insults, Im not the one for that shit.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

The older hybrids are cool from my stand point the new gen hybrid there's more leg room.the mirror on the right side sticks out to far other than that the next gen are faster .hybrids compared to the rts are night and day,much better ride on the rts.besides the hybrid and rts every single b/o I've ever talked to says the atrics are the best bus to drive and they all say they would never go back to driving a regular bus,even though its only 25 cents more and hour to opertate them.another 20 ft. For 25 cents.most operators will tell you they prefer a hybrid over an rts.mtv can't et rid of them any faster,they are old beaten down junk

Hell no, those OGs can stay out of MJQ. Those 7 RTSs that are left at MHV should've came to MJQ, but they are going to 126 instead, which is fine by me.

Archived