Amsterdam Depot to close on June 27

MTV Operator

Amsterdam depot will close on june 27th 2010 .a general pick is to start on may 17th. At amsterdam depot the new prints are posted for the m1.last pick there were 58 runs but it has been cut down to 48 runs. The prints also say the m1 has been moved to mtv (manhattanville). The majority of the runs have weekends off .

...and only to 8th Street Monday-Friday. (Remember that the South Ferry leg will be covered by the M5.)

......Which is the worst decision ever made by the (MTA) for the M5.

......Which is the worst decision ever made by the (MTA) for the M5.

True, true. The M5 will become w-a-a-a-y too long for its own good.

As some point, they'll have to either split the M5 into two routes (thus resurrecting the M6 in some form), or maybe swap the M5 and M104 north terminals.

True, true. The M5 will become w-a-a-a-y too long for its own good.

As some point, they'll have to either split the M5 into two routes (thus resurrecting the M6 in some form), or maybe swap the M5 and M104 north terminals.

I was thinking the same. That would be a lot better than having the M5 go fro South Ferry all the way to GW Bus Station. Who would ride a route that long?

Isn't Amsterdam Depot replacing Mother Clara Hale Depot for the time being?

Yes it is, Mother Clara Hale is being renovated so the MTA reopened Amsterdam temporarily while the renovations were taking place.

Why do you need 2 west side routes to South Ferry...So from South Ferry to CPS the M5 and M6 are the same route....It would've made more sense to send the M2 to SF since its about the same length as the M1 with Limited Stops and you still have 5/Madison covered....UGH MTA sometimes leaves you wondering.

Or of you want to be honest the M15 and M6 are enough you have both East and West sides covered at South Ferry.

Yes it is, Mother Clara Hale is being renovated so the MTA reopened Amsterdam temporarily while the renovations were taking place.

after the many times ive passed, noth has started yet..

We could expect some RTS popping out on the M1/M7. Im so gonna be there!

Not really. Rumor has it (AND MORE THAN LIKELY THIS COULD BE A FACT), most of the Hybrids at Amsterdam are being moved to Manhattanville. Making Manhattanville damn near ALL hybrid. Those 7 RTS buses will be moved OR scrapped.

My terminal swap idea (as mentioned in another thread) is as follows:

M5: North terminal at 135th/Amsterdam to serve CCNY.

M104: Extend north to G W Bridge. Maybe renumber to reflect the non-historic routing.

Why do you need 2 west side routes to South Ferry...So from South Ferry to CPS the M5 and M6 are the same route....It would've made more sense to send the M2 to SF since its about the same length as the M1 with Limited Stops and you still have 5/Madison covered....UGH MTA sometimes leaves you wondering.

Or of you want to be honest the M15 and M6 are enough you have both East and West sides covered at South Ferry.

M20 is extend to replace M9 between BPC & South Ferry via South End Av-Battery Pl-State St, because M9 replaces weeekday City Hall Branch of M15.

I wonder if M20 going to take M1 bus stop at far side while M5 takes M6 bus stop at far side of Whitehall St.

Not really. Rumor has it (AND MORE THAN LIKELY THIS COULD BE A FACT), most of the Hybrids at Amsterdam are being moved to Manhattanville. Making Manhattanville damn near ALL hybrid. Those 7 RTS buses will be moved OR scrapped.

That would be shameful if that happens, but this is the (MTA), they don't know what shame is. I would truly hate that if this happens but I am ready for it if it does. :tdown:

So the MV line-up is gonna look like this:

M1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 60, 96, 104, 106

MTV: M1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11 and 60

MJQ: M8, 9, 14, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 34, 42, 50, 57, 96, 98, 104, and 106

Routes in red are the routes that supposedly are heading from MTV to MJQ.

It's disgusting that they are f*cking with the M1 the way that they are. First, this line is used and the idea that they are messing with this line boggles my mind. I don't know if its been mentioned but while there are 2 west side bus lines going to South Ferrry, there will only be one from the east side with the M15. If anything, the M1 should be extended to S. Ferry 24/7 IMO. The M5 to South Ferry is just insulting to my intelligence. They are making an already long route even longer. Disaster is gonna be all over the M5, you watch.

And it's totally stupid and ridiculous to have the M1 end at 106th St on the weekends. I just walked past there this afternoon, there is no way in hell you can properly end a bus there. I hate the (MTA) I really do.

Is there any reason the M96/M106 aren't based out of 100th St. depot instead? Is there not enough space to store those buses AND the express buses during middays? The M96 is literally 4 short blocks from the depot at Park Ave.

MTV: M1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11 and 60

MJQ: M8, 9, 14, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 34, 42, 50, 57, 96, 98, 104, and 106

Routes in red are the routes that supposedly are heading from MTV to MJQ.

I'd keep the M104 at Manhattanville, with some SB runs coming from MJQ. The M96/106 can go to 100 St

Is there any reason the M96/M106 aren't based out of 100th St. depot instead? Is there not enough space to store those buses AND the express buses during middays? The M96 is literally 4 short blocks from the depot at Park Ave.

100St is a artic only depot and you dont need artics on the 96.So NO!(1)(A)(C)

Archived