ALP-46A 4629 in service today!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY6yxmOlzH0

Taken 6/2/10.

ALP-46A 4629 doubleheaded (MUed) with MAN, the propulsion totally caught me off guard (It kind of resembles the tri-tone ALSTOM propulsion found on the R160's in the city). Also, you can't see it, but apparently Siemens had a hand in the truck design, since Bomb/SIE was on the truck plate. And the double loco acceleration, GREAT!!

In addition to the 46A IGBT propulsion, you can hear the GTO based propulsion on ALP-46 4601. If you listen carefully, you can hear the phase change toward the end of the video.

NOTE: sorry about the talking, I usually don't say anything in my vids, but I decided to make the exception here.

Hey, I got a video of it too! Caught it also on M&E Train 665 departing Newark Broad Street.

I think you have a better video of the takeoff though because you were able to pick up the spund from the trucks better (and plus I didn't face the loco at first). The propulsion sounds is the ULTIMATE!! Definitely my new favorite electric locomotives.

oh, and if you want to catch this loco, then here's the operating schedule, every wednesday and friday.

cruiser939 wrote:

The first ALP-46a will enter revenue service tomorrow (6/2). Look for the 4629 to be double-headed (or MU'ed for you Newark guys) with another engine and outfit on trains 602, 303, 306, 261, 254, and 665.

MAN, THIS (my)VID IS POPULAR!!! :eek:I'll see how many views I can rack up before I actually go and ride the thing next Wednesday...If I'm lucky, maybe 1.5k...B):cool:

ps. i forgot to add that it is running on thursdays as well, same schedule as above.

Well, it's Wednesday, and she's supposedly running again, so look for the one stop video from me tonight at like...10ish... :cool::P

I'll probably try to go get her again too if the rain lets up for the first trip in the PM.

Archived