Possible R-142 (7) Test Train this summer? [(MTA) Employee Answers ONLY]

Do you really think Harry's stupid?

THIS THREAD IS DEFINITELY GONNA BE: BE :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse: :lock: :deadhorse:

Hey, you said it, not me.

Im sorry but this thread will turn into another flame war just like the other one did. As of right now, Ill keep it open.

If it gets out of hand by the morning, I will close it.

Understood?! You guys don't want to piss me off on my Birthday!

Zach

Im sorry but this thread will turn into another flame war just like the other one did. As of right now, Ill keep it open.

If it gets out of hand by the morning, I will close it.

Understood?! You guys don't want to piss me off on my Birthday!

Zach

Nope sure don't Z. Happy Birthday, if you're in NYC maybe I'll see ya soon since it's been since what March?

Let me say this, IF, they do send a test train over to the Flushing line, it would probably be to see how well they will work there, in terms of technicality. (Remember, the R188s which WILL go on the (7) are essentially R142As, only fitted with CBTC technology and are 11 cars long. So testing out prior to conversion does make sense) And if it is out there, it will not be in revenue service so don't get too excited over it. So don't be standing 10 hours at Jackson Heights or Grand Central just to get on it.

Wrong....it was an R62 modified to look like an R142, the director mentioned it in the extras.

Wrong, they did use a train of R142s in addition to the prop car. Also they did tst R142s on the flushing line so what is the need to do it again?

a contractor was just named to do cbtc on the (7). they have not even started to survey for cbtc yet on the mainline. corona yards new tower is almost done and it is cbtc ready. it will also take the place of the old yard tower and 111st tower. now the barn at corona yard has been 142 ready for a few years now. with everything going on right now i dont see a need for a 142 test train anytime soon. maybe by next summer they will bring one to the yard. but till then dont hold your breath. now you have a answer from a employee that flags directly for the contractors that will be doing the work.

Of course they are doing their job. And their job is not to give you an answer until it is CONFIRMED. No answer IS an answer. Secondly, I KNOW many employees and for now it is just a "rumor."

a contractor was just named to do cbtc on the (7). they have not even started to survey for cbtc yet on the mainline. corona yards new tower is almost done and it is cbtc ready. it will also take the place of the old yard tower and 111st tower. now the barn at corona yard has been 142 ready for a few years now. with everything going on right now i dont see a need for a 142 test train anytime soon. maybe by next summer they will bring one to the yard. but till then dont hold your breath. now you have a answer from a employee that flags directly for the contractors that will be doing the work.

Imagine that, SubwayGuy right and MegaBus wrong again.

Thanks cdi for confirming that.

Received some additional info yesterday regarding the "R188" contract, but too early to post anything and that may change anyway, so I'm just going to wait.

Wrong, they did use a train of R142s in addition to the prop car. Also they did tst R142s on the flushing line so what is the need to do it again?

The prop car was done because it was a single and could be detached and operate on its own from the other 10 cars. You can't have a single R142 car running by itself, they are built in 5 car sets. That's why they had to "borrow" a junior hippo and "converted" it for entertainment purposes.

Who the hell are you to put such a disclaimer? Go find a hole and stay in it prick.

He has no right to place such sh!t here. If he wants an answer from the crews, he could PM all of them on here and ask them. But since he made this on a forum where we can all see and post, we have the full right to respond. Besides, he doesn't make the rules here.

SG, silence is golden. Certain things ought not to be released out to preserve the integrity of this place.

The prop car was done because it was a single and could be detached and operate on its own from the other 10 cars. You can't have a single R142 car running by itself, they are built in 5 car sets. That's why they had to "borrow" a junior hippo and "converted" it for entertainment purposes.

Yes and... this is something I already know about and it's why I had said they ALSO used a train of R142s.

Give me back that little fish, give me that fish, give me back that little fish, give me that fish, if it wasn't you, it would be fun, if it was you, you wouldn't be laughing at all... *music tunes* ...bala-bah-bah-bahh I'm Lovin' It!

Are you mentally stable?

SG, silence is golden. Certain things ought not to be released out to preserve the integrity of this place.

I of all people most certainly know that, which is why I DIDN'T say anything of what I heard in my last post.

It's also why I routinely tell foamers who get too far ahead of themselves with these "maybe someday" threads to just zip it and wait for things to happen before they start posting up a storm.

You are preaching to the choir.

Archived