*GASP* NYS Govt On The Verge Of Shutting Down

Infamous85

New York State government on the verge of shutting down:

As state officials in Albany continue to butt heads over what will and what won't be covered by yet another emergency budget bill, the likelihood of a New York State government shutdown looms large. If an agreement can't be reached by the close of business tomorrow, June 14, the government could conceivably close its doors, which would represent a first in state history.

closed.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/x-34929-Manhattan-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m6d13-New-York-State-government-on-the-verge-of-shutting-down

NYS politicians are so stubborn. I haven't watched the news in like 4 months so this was a surprise, I don't know how serious this is but I hope this doesn't delay my chance of getting my permit and what not.

New York State government on the verge of shutting down:

closed.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/x-34929-Manhattan-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m6d13-New-York-State-government-on-the-verge-of-shutting-down

NYS politicians are so stubborn. I haven't watched the news in like 4 months so this was a surprise, I don't know how serious this is but I hope this doesn't delay my chance of getting my permit and what not.

Another problem is so is the public:(. From the super rich not wanting to pay more in taxes to some unions not wanting to take pay freezes, no body wants to sacfrice any more for a short period and then when the mega recession is over then everyone wins.

Off topic for minute. Infamous you should try to follow the news (smile). I am not saying watch the 4-hour on local tv every day but there are ways you can maybe get a paper like AM New York which tells you the headlines in 15-20 minutes.

Another problem is so is the public:(. From the super rich not wanting to pay more in taxes to some unions not wanting to take pay freezes, no body wants to sacfrice any more for a short period and then when the mega recession is over then everyone wins.

Off topic for minute. Infamous you should try to follow the news (smile). I am not saying watch the 4-hour on local tv every day but there are ways you can maybe get a paper like AM New York which tells you the headlines in 15-20 minutes.

I know, I've just been busy with school but at least I'm not anymore lol. I used to love watching the news.

Actually there enough blame on both parties besides Paterson for this possible state government shutdown as well. From Speaker Silver to the GOP leaders in Albany, that also deserve heat.:tdown:

Best thing would be to vote out most or all of the state legislative members from both parties IMO. However majority of them will be reelected as too bad people are either too dumb or clueless, or other related reasons to vote for 'fresh new blood' in Albany.:mad:

If this does happen, the MTA might shutdown, being a state agency.

Actually the MTA day-day opeartions if a state shut down happens i read is not affected. Here is some of what is affected if this nightmare occurs from what I saw & read on both the NY1 News website and Daily News.

-ALL Non Essential State workers getting 'no pay' or not allowed to work.

-State Parks closing until further notice.

-NYS Motor Vechile Office cutting hours and smaller branches closing.

-For those receiving government assistance programs from Food Stamps to other social programs having their payments frozen until the end of the shutdown.

-All non emgerency road repairs being put on hold.

-Cities/Towns statewide would not get monies for anything other than essetntial programs like Police and Health.

There is more but this is the basic list of a state shutdown if it starts Tuesday.:mad::tdown:

Actually there enough blame on both parties besides Paterson for this possible state government shutdown as well. From Speaker Silver to the GOP leaders in Albany, that also deserve heat.:tdown:

Best thing would be to vote out most or all of the state legislative members from both parties IMO. However majority of them will be reelected as too bad people are either too dumb or clueless, or other related reasons to vote for 'fresh new blood' in Albany.:mad:

albany is a joke. and not a funny one either

Archived