Question about Nostalgia Train in December?

R44 CNG

I don't think the MTA wants to run them outdoors. They might do 2 Av to Continental if they want to extend the route, but I doubt it.

It shouldn't have any designation, both (M) and (V) would confuse people.

It's official designation is (S) for Special. That's what every sign in the train will say. For simplicity to the general ridership, it is referred to by the crew as "V Train to Queens Plaza" or "V Train to 2nd Avenue" because they recognize the V on the map and know that means 6th Avenue Local/53rd Street.

Since the V designation will cease to exist in a week, the train will be announced in other ways *IF* that is the route that runs (if any) this year.

It's official designation is (S) for Special. That's what every sign in the train will say. For simplicity to the general ridership, it is referred to by the crew as "V Train to Queens Plaza" or "V Train to 2nd Avenue" because they recognize the V on the map and know that means 6th Avenue Local/53rd Street.

Since the V designation will cease to exist in a week, the train will be announced in other ways *IF* that is the route that runs (if any) this year.

With all the confusion about the (V), why not just call it an (E) to 2 Av or Queens Plaza?

If it's going to run from 2nd avenue to Queens Plaza or Forest Hills then I think it might be labeled as FF. Just a thought. I have doubts myself that the Arnines will run at all after the August 21st fantrip. Now I got one question to ask if the Arnines don't run is there a chance they might use something else like the TOMC or Redbirds.

No one aside from railians would get why they would be signed as an FF so I don't think that will happen. Also why would the R1-9s not run after the August trip but you want to know if the TOMC will run? The TOMC is in terrible shape and the R1-9s are the best of the museum equipment.

If it's going to run from 2nd avenue to Queens Plaza or Forest Hills then I think it might be labeled as FF. Just a thought. I have doubts myself that the Arnines will run at all after the August 21st fantrip. Now I got one question to ask if the Arnines don't run is there a chance they might use something else like the TOMC or Redbirds.

If they don't run the Arnines because of lack of funding, why would they run the TOMC with that same lack of funding?

As it is the train doesn't run that often. The longer the route, the less frequent it serves each station.

I know your're joking, but still...........

Well, then, it would serve more stations (we're still talking about a museum train, right?) Some people would have more of an opportunity to catch it by not having to travel as far to get to it.

That's a shame :P

Well I'm glad I rode it in 2008 for the final Shea Stadium home opener.

I don't like them, never rode them because I never rode the IRT as a kid. I have to check, but I think the Redbird cars that were repainted, were repainted just for the hell of it to run MOD trips not that they were rally meant to be saved.

I don't like them, never rode them because I never rode the IRT as a kid. I have to check, but I think the Redbird cars that were repainted, were repainted just for the hell of it to run MOD trips not that they were rally meant to be saved.

Well, that's a waste of good paint... but like the Low Vs where they ran 4-car trains [until this recent one where they added a 5th car/trailer] - couldn't they run the 4 museum cars?

What is with the buffs and the obsession with the TOMC? The Arnines are in the best mechanical shape of all the museum equipment, and in addition, when the general riding public thinks of "museum trains" or "nostalgia trains" they think of rattan seats, paddle fans, and incandescent lightbulbs.

They do not think of the TOMC. If you're itching for the interior look and feel of the TOMC, just go hop on the (C) and ride one of the R32's since it's pretty darn similar.

That's true, even with the doors that need human help :P

...Do you really find it necessary to respond to every single one of my posts with an unfunny attempt at a joke? The doors work don't they? Air operated doors are much more temperamental and sometimes need a little help.

Well at least they made for some nice photo ops while they were running. As for the 'obsession' of the TOMC. I am not ungrateful about the R9s running every year, but it would be nice if an equivalent ran on the IRT line [like the (1) from 96th to South Ferry]. Is that too much to ask as far as changing things up?

Well at least they made for some nice photo ops while they were running. As for the 'obsession' of the TOMC. I am not ungrateful about the R9s running every year, but it would be nice if an equivalent ran on the IRT line [like the (1) from 96th to South Ferry]. Is that too much to ask as far as changing things up?

I think having a holiday train of Low-Vs would be a nice change of pace, anything is better then the Train of Many Troubles.

...Do you really find it necessary to respond to every single one of my posts with an unfunny attempt at a joke? The doors work don't they? Air operated doors are much more temperamental and sometimes need a little help.

Do you have to be such a jackass about everything? I was agreeing with you for christ's sake!

Archived