What's Up with the QB R160's?

Bracamonte

I've noticed today on the Queens Blvd Line (E)(F)(R) and the recent (M) that the R160's automated announcements were not working and the conductor had to do the announcements. Does this have something to do with the recent service changes?

Probably because the R160s aren't programmed for the new (M) yet.

The Orange (M) is programmed like said already.But on the (F) train the conductors had to make manual announcements from 2nd Av to 71 Av-Forest Hills and after that the automated announcements were played to Jamaica-179th St.That's b\c there is no transfer to the (M) it's still (V).I'm unsure about the (E),but the Orange (M) is programmed with R160's.

Sunday was a mixed bag. I took the (F) to and from Park Slope and to there it was conductor announcements and back it was automated. Can't say on the (M) because it wasn't running in Manhattan then. Once the entire network is R142+, I wonder how they'll manage these more efficiently.

That's great news for those that want to get to point b sooner compared to the long dragged out automated announcements.

Yeah, it is. But some of them just don't make announcements and you see tourist going WTF?

The C/R I had today on the (E) at first didn't realize he had to make annoucnements, or so he said. He made them, but they weren't that clear. Regardless, it was a change. I wonder if they'd let them turn on the AAS after the point where there are no errors in it currently (i.e. 7th Av-53rd St for SB (E) trains, minus W 4th since the (M) stops there too).

Jamaica trains have not yet been reprogrammed. ENY and Coney Island trains have been.

I don't know what set you was on but I was on an R160 (R) and it still had transfer to (W) on the FIND display and on the announcements also some Coney Island sets don't have the updated announcements and FIND

I don't know what set you was on but I was on an R160 (R) and it still had transfer to (W) on the FIND display and on the announcements also some Coney Island sets don't have the updated announcements and FIND

R160 that run on the R operate out of Jamaica.

Guest lance25

Why? What would they gain by not programming the new announcements? All it looks like it does is make the conductors have to make the announcements, which as we all know, sounds like the adults from Charlie Brown.

The R160 (F) I was on earlier today was automated and used the FIND display. Everytime a transfer to the (V) was announced, the conductor said, "Er, (M)." :tup:

P.S. The R142's need to change their announcements as well.

The R160 (F) I was on earlier today was automated and used the FIND display. Everytime a transfer to the (V) was announced, the conductor said, "Er, (M)." :tup:

P.S. The R142's need to change their announcements as well.

I saw a C/R do that yesterday until a TSS told him he could not do that.

The (E) I rode on last night had manual announcements and it was wonderful. I'm really tired of the canned announcements. The conductor was excellent: a loud, clear voice and noted things of interest about the stops we made. I wonder if conductors are allowed to turn off the automated announcements if they prefer to make them themselves.

Archived