Ride The R44s While You Can.......

Will they preserve at least one NYCT R44 Set? The R44s despite their problems are historic cars because many modern day subway inventions like the door chime originated with the R44s.

The intel that I get from Train ops is the 44 cab is small and like A 1800'1900 bus I could understand that cab prob......But I still love 44's

The intel that I get from Train ops is the 44 cab is small and like A 1800'1900 bus I could understand that cab prob......But I still love 44's

Ha yeah the console is a knee knocker too...unless your 5'0 tall...and that deadman pops up like a 12 year old at cheerleader practice but who's counting?

;)

Instead of destroying all the trains why don't they hall them to zoo's and other atraction areas thru out the city and park them there? where they would be safe at night. If they are afraid for saftey let them keep it chained in. Atlast for people to see how it looks from out side. I'm sure they could find some place in this big city for 2-3 of each so it could be rememberd.?

Instead of destroying all the trains why don't they hall them to zoo's and other atraction areas thru out the city and park them there? where they would be safe at night. If they are afraid for saftey let them keep it chained in. Atlast for people to see how it looks from out side. I'm sure they could find some place in this big city for 2-3 of each so it could be rememberd.?

Wait, what? Your saying that the TA should move these cars by flatbed truck to different areas in the city to store them? That makes no sense at all.

OR, they could scrap the cars and not have to worry about finding people who want structurally inept subway cars.

Wait, so they're going to let these cars take up space?

Yes, what else do you want them to do when they don't have the money to scrap them. This is not anything new, I have been saying this for months now.

You're kidding.................aren't you?

doesnt make sense to have them sitting in yards.At least have some running to supplement for rush hour service( well he ones that aren`t too bad anyway).

That makes even less sense since the R44s are in rough shape. If something were to happen involving an R44, the TA could be sued since they know there are alot of problems with the trains.

I was at C I Yard today and noticed that in the Overhaul shop they have them up and on some sets the Entire underneath is gone another work Trucks ETC are gone

I was in a couple of sets that they have laying up ready to be dismanteled

The trucks are still there, they send them to the truck shop while the switch group is removed, A/C stuff taken out, and other parts removed. I was out in the yard last month and they had 6 or 8 4 car sets out there with one set that I saw being totaly disabled. They have even removed the shoe fuses so there is no way the unstripped ones can run.

• 1 month later...
I believe it was 32 at the time they started running on the (C), and I saw 4 consists running on the (C) yesterday, which makes at least 32 cars. I think those will continue to run until the R32 work is finished.

there's at least one on the (A)...one of the sets is 5404-5403-5479-5478. I've been seeing that one almost every day

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I will be happy as a million dollar winner when the R44s are off the Revenue passenger list.

Archived