Enough of the M W and V stuff

INDman

Showoff. And no fair you get to step onto the property without being harassed :)

But anyway, great pics!

When you got it, flaunt it.

Nice share! So you just walked right onto their property? Theirs no gates for seperation at some sections? Or do you actually work for the (MTA)?

I did not and would never just walk on to TA property. I have a legitimate reason to be at 207th St and other areas of the transit system. Other then that, I can't and don't want to go into specifics.

Good pics.

On a side note, I'm glad that somebody finally decided to break the silence over the sudden mass obsession with the (M)/(M2) (V)(W) crap, and criticize it. I mean really. it's been getting out of hand. People are going overboard over those changes, but they won't notice things that are genuinely worth noticing.

Where's the new fire school? Randalls Island?

It's still at CIYD, but it's in a building that looks like a two track subway tunnel with live 3rd rail and two R110Bs. It's very cool and since they got a new smoke machine it is interesting. Oh and the 3rd rail is live at all times too, until you use the power shut off to cut power.

When you got it, flaunt it.

I did not and would never just walk on to TA property. I have a legitimate reason to be at 207th St and other areas of the transit system. Other then that, I can't and don't want to go into specifics.

Agreed on all counts, and ditto for myself as well. "Never be bashful about your excellence, if you know it, own it"

Ha it's funny that you tell us enough of the (M2), (W) and (V) yet you took a photo of the stored R42s signed as (V)! :)

Nice shots! BTW do you have an update as to what's going to become of the 42s? Last thing I heard was that they won't be re-entering service.

Ha it's funny that you tell us enough of the (M2), (W) and (V) yet you took a photo of the stored R42s signed as (V)! :)

Nice shots! BTW do you have an update as to what's going to become of the 42s? Last thing I heard was that they won't be re-entering service.

I had to Stick in the (V) train no one else got a shot of Friday,

If for what ever reason they are needed, they could be placed into service. They are out of inspection right now, but also with the service cuts, there are just enough trains even with all the R44s off the road. Now as far as scrapping any of the cars goes, there is no money for it.

The sodium lights are actually very nice in the barn. The do give off enough light to be able to walk around. When you do work in the cars, the lights in the car are on. If your working under the car, you have a head lamp on your hard hat or use the lights in the pit.

Good pics.

On a side note, I'm glad that somebody finally decided to break the silence over the sudden mass obsession with the (M)/(M2) (V)(W) crap, and criticize it. I mean really. it's been getting out of hand. People are going overboard over those changes, but they won't notice things that are genuinely worth noticing.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! I went out there the 1st day of the new (M) train to see what the rant was, and honsetly, there was nothing out there too much different, except that that train now goes thru midtown. If you look at it from a proper perspective, if you drive from metropolitan to Middle Village, it's a 10 minute drive...The train made it an hour, at least!!! Screw the (M) train, REALLY!

Archived