About Japan

Railfaner100

I would like to go to Tokyo but I would want to know how black people blend in?

people in japan, and east asia in general, are still pretty racist. if i were you, i'd feel pretty uncomfortable about going there without a native japanese or something. i mean hell, even as myself i feel uncomfortable going there. i even get weird looks sometimes going into a korean-owned store in flushing and i'm often mistaken for filipino or some other pacific islander. so, yeah..

but that's not everyone. there are friendly people who find others interested in their culture to be interesting and they don't have any hostile feelings towards foreigners. but there are people who ARE hostile towards foreigners, especially black people. so, yeah. it also kind of depends on where you go. i know the area of roppongi in tokyo is full of expatriates and tourists, so it's just all on where you go and what kind of people you encounter.

i think if you're a tourist though, you don't have to worry that much. we all know how 'friendly' people are to tourists. lol, any prejudices would be overridden by a desire to make money, lmao.

people in japan, and east asia in general, are still pretty racist. if i were you, i'd feel pretty uncomfortable about going there without a native japanese or something. i mean hell, even as myself i feel uncomfortable going there. i even get weird looks sometimes going into a korean-owned store in flushing and i'm often mistaken for filipino or some other pacific islander. so, yeah..

but that's not everyone. there are friendly people who find others interested in their culture to be interesting and they don't have any hostile feelings towards foreigners. but there are people who ARE hostile towards foreigners, especially black people. so, yeah. it also kind of depends on where you go. i know the area of roppongi in tokyo is full of expatriates and tourists, so it's just all on where you go and what kind of people you encounter.

i think if you're a tourist though, you don't have to worry that much. we all know how 'friendly' people are to tourists. lol, any prejudices would be overridden by a desire to make money, lmao.

I refuse to believe all of this. Japanese people are mostly racist with other asians, such Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, Vietnamese and etc.B)

I refuse to believe all of this. Japanese people are mostly racist with other asians, such Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, Vietnamese and etc.B)

So the Japanese ARE racist???

Don't count on me going there anytime soon!

japanese people are just racist period. this is the case with most homogeneous societies. why do you find that hard to believe? lol. go on sites or blogs geared towards expatriates living in countries like japan, and you'll see that i'm not just pulling this out of my ass.

japanese people are just racist period. this is the case with most homogeneous societies. why do you find that hard to believe? lol. go on sites or blogs geared towards expatriates living in countries like japan, and you'll see that i'm not just pulling this out of my ass.

Japanese people are not racist with non asians and westerners. They have better relationships with them better then other oriental or asian people.B)

Japanese people are not racist with non asians and westerners. They have better relationships with them better then other oriental or asian people.B)

it's impossible to say that japanese people are not racist. there are racist japanese people. not that ALL japanese people are racist, but they have their prejudices. and i'm talking about towards all people. not just towards non-asians.

i'm just saying though, asians are pretty freakin' racist towards westerners, even more if they're black. it's probably because there aren't that many people in japan that aren't japanese, but i'll give you an example from one of japan's neighbors, korea. my friend went to korea for the summer, and her aunt enrolled her in some guitar classes. when her guitar teacher learned that she was from new york, he asked her what part. she said, 'oh, i'm from queens.' he replied, 'oh, i know queens. yeah, there's a shoe store, a grocery store, a restaurant, and a black person.'

btw, you're not really helping your case in an argument about racism if you're referring to asian people as "oriental."

Oriental??? That's RACIST!!!

btw, you're not really helping your case in an argument about racism if you're referring to asian people as "oriental."

Well said.

Let me tell you guys a little something about Japanese people. I have had a good experience with them so far and i even made friends with Japanese girls and boys in my classes and i even was treated with respect rather then insult or racist remarks. Also there parents were poilte and very kind to me because i am aware with there tradition and culture. In my point of view and perspective I think that all Japanese people are kind, poilte and understanding of a foreginer.B)

I was born in Kyoto, Japan and live in Osaka and Kyushu Prefecture (Miyazaki City), in small town called Umekita City. But I don't remember too much because I only remember Kyushu Pref and Aikawa Station in Osaka.

If I had lots of money, I want to visit my country for vacation. Umekita City was countryside, and my Grandmother's home should be Haunted by now.

Here's a good idea. Let's try and stay away from generalizations.

Not "ALL" Japanese people are good people.

Not "ALL" Japanese people are douchey racists.

Like other ethnic groups and people in general, Japanese people have their share of dick heads too. And they have their share of good people too.

I'd like to visit any foreign counrty. Japan seems to have an interesting culture, in particular, their food!

In Japan, there is lots of etique.

Here are some videos I found.

This is funny.

Here are superstition in Japan

One thing that Japan and the United States have in common is they like baseball.

Japanese baseball is even set up similiar to our baseball:

Central League

Chunichi Dragons

Hanshin Tigers

Hiroshima Toyo Carp

Yakult Swallows

Yokohama Bay Stars

Yomiuri Giants

Pacific League

Chiba Lotte Marines

Fukuoaku Softbank Hawks

Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters

Orix Buffaloes

Seibu Lions

Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles

Pacific League uses Designated Hitter; Central League doesn't

Interleague play began in 2005

The Pennant winners meet in the Japan Series

The Yomiuri Giants are kind of like the Yankees of Japan. The Hanshin Tigers are kind of like the Red Sox of Japan.

The Giants won the Central League Pennant (winning the Climax Series) with 89 wins 46 losses and 9 ties and won the Japan Series 4 games to 2 over the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters who won the Pacific League Pennant (winning the Climax Series) with 82 wins 60 losses and 2 ties in 2009.

It's the Giants' 21st Japan Series championship and 33d Central League pennant.

Archived